Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Violence Action
Appropriate title, not just a bad translation from Japanese. Cheese-tastic, so no G-Man Need Apply. It was so cheesy, I almost bailed, and then I realized that it was a total live-action manga comic. The characters, the plot, the action, and then I began to enjoy it for what it was.

Our manic-pixie-dream-grrl assassin is a bookkeeping student by day, assassin by night. Those nasty yakuza are having an internal dynastic inheritance problem, their #1 assassin (The Cleaner, tall gaijin, maybe happa, dressed as a cleaner) is the #1 villain amongst many.

If you enjoy manga, this is fine, if silly.  If you are G-Man, who cannot find joy in anything, maybe skip and go see a Preston Sturgis marathon on an obscure PBS station. Or just sit by your keyboard and fulminate. 

DOOM recommended with the previous caveats (cheesy yakuza fun, assassins who wear pink) you’ll probably have something better aready
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Nice. Thanks for the rec!

I almost watched this last night but opted for this instead: http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...p?tid=7314

You sold me on the cheese factor. It looked a lot like Baby Assassins, which I have queued in Hoopla. Maybe I'll make a double feature out of it. But tonight, I have a finale and a premiere to watch...
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Well, despite my aspirations for a good Japanese kogal assassin double feature, Baby Assassins missed the mark - http://brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/s...p?tid=7343

This redeemed the night however and I’m glad I watched this second. DIY nails it when he says it’s a live action manga. It’s neon colors, frenetic cinematography, and steady pacing made for a fun watch. And the choreo was fresh. It was like superhero fights with impossible aerial gymnastics and yakuza that shot like stormtroopers. I particularly liked the shot where the camera swirled underneath the fight as if you could see up through the floor. 

D00M recommended for those that enjoy ultravi and are t attached to logical stories.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse