Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DG2007 1.0
...too busy celebrating. Confusedmt041
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
What about your state of mind at the end of the half?

Once again, who puts up with whom?
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
That's really rare for me because I seldom watch TV on the weekends, but I was at my folks house, doing my weekly visit, and the game happened to be on. Caught it just before the half with the Saints made that outrageuos run. For a fleeting moment I thought, 'wouldn't it be nice if New Orleans won? They've been having such a tough go of it since Katrina.' Then I was called away to open all my parents' childproof medicine bottles, which are damn near adult proof, and got distracted by my kid trying on all of my mom's jewelry, and then searching for a lost thumb piano since my mom says my cousin needs it (never did find it - found a forgotten autographed Bob Weir book instead) and then having an allergy attack from all the dust searching through old crates. Finally got back to the game and realized that the ringing in my ear must have been the Queen screaming at all the touchdowns. What a blow out. Is it just me or do you all prefer watching games where the weather is miserable? I figure those athletes are pulling down major bucks and it's just more carnal when the elements make it harder for them. It's comforting to know what they go through, just for my entertainment, as I sit in the warm comfort of home on the weekend on my ever widening ass.

I'm still more engrossed by the commercials than the game itself. If I watch the Superbowl, it's for the commercials. That and ninja nipples.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I love the games when it's miserable. It's why the SuperBowl is usually a disppointment because they find some climate controlled facility and take the weather out of the equation. However, this year it's in Miami which is open. I'm hoping for downpours. It might was out Prince as an added bonus.
Greg Wrote:I'm hoping for downpours. It might wash out Prince as an added bonus.

That would be nice. I've never "gotten" Prince or understood his popularity, and especially after seeing the Interview with Kevin Smith DVD and hearing the stories about him, I'm not particularly interested in figuring out what I'm supposedly missing.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Which team does Pele play for?
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
prince is an awesome musician. i've seen him several times and he's just a freakin' virtuoso. he can play anything. he played every instrument on every track on 1999. that's nuts. his live performances are funk dance parties of the highest magnitude. if you've never been funked, we'll, there's not many other acts that can still funk you up good. there's nothing more satisfying than a good hard funk. plus, back in the day, all his groupies were hotties walking around in lingerie, which added immensely to the general ambiance of the crowd.

the price for that skill is he's a primadonna freak, and i could tell you a few backstage stories, but that probably won't do much for my argument. tafkap was hilarious.
Kevin Smith, Clerks and Dogma director, has some videos of college campus lectures. On one, he details how he was going to do a documentary of Prince up at Paisley Park. Kevin Smith concurs with your assesment
On a lighter note, today's pregame conversation:

DM: Do you know what football is?
T: You mean soccer?
DM: Well, the rest of the world calls soccer football, but here in America, it's different.
T: I know how to play soccer.
I bet she wants to know which team Pele is playing for, too.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Okay, I'll say no more.

--cranefly
I'm nobody's pony.
The Queen knows where you live and she's looking for blood.
...Cubs first full squad practice at Spring Training in Mesa is February 20th. Go Cubbies!!!
I'd type some lengthy reply about destiny and Peyton Manning, but I'm too busy watching the wrap up and replays on Sportscenter....