Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doom Dreams
I'm not exactly sure how last night's dream got there, but I recall how it ended.  It ended with a broken staff.  It was a hardwood eyebrow-height staff and it broke during practice.  I think someone else was practicing with it.  I examined the break and the staff distorted so it was super thick and revealed a huge knot, like the size of an apple.  Being a dream, I accepted the distortion.  The appleknot was the cause of the break.

PsykoAnalESis: Dan made me an escrima stick, a long and a short, many years ago back when he was still training.  Maybe he made them for all of us? After I woke, I dialed into this memory. I'm sure I still have it in one of my weapons caches somewhere.  The short stick, the daga, I used as a burnisher for a while. Dan said he had some special hardening recipe that he learned from his escrima guru, something involving superglue. I remember being somewhat nonplussed about the gift at the time, then his ex told me how he made them - sawing, sanding and swearing in the backyard for days - he wasn't really much of a woodworker.  I appreciated them more after that and will try to locate them tomorrow.  They are probably at my mom's house.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I still have my Legbone stick.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

He made short sticks for all of us. I’m not sure mine made the move from Millbrae to the current shop. He also discovered first hand why some wood requires a very good particle face-mask when sanding or cutting.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Right? I forgot about that mask part. So Legbone.

I can’t find my Legbone sticks. I got a lotta sticks. I know it’s here somewhere. 

I did find that damn ugly skull mirror. Posted that on my gram. Still have no idea what to do with that. I probably never will.
It was a nightmare. I was in Los Angeles, going out to breakfast at The Pantry and I couldn't find the place. The horror!

Way worse than the previous nights Brad Pitt penis dream.

Had an actual nightmare last night. Woke up scared. Good thing there were dogs on the bed.

The Pantry again?  Is someone needing an LA breaky fix?
No. The details are fading. I was sitting in a strange house with a couple of other people. And something was way off. I think we were trying to talk on our phones. But there was something evil about it.

I will be assuaging my Pantry fix with a trip to the Awahnee for Sunday Brunch this weekend. Bjonerud lost a bet to the Queen and the winner had to buy breakfast at the Awahnee. Yes, I suggested the bet because no matter who won, I was going to the Awahnee for breakfast. And people think I'm dumb.

Well, I am, just not where breakfast is concerned.

That Lynch feller, he's *Breakfast* smart.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
You have to get up pretty early to get my bacon.

(12-10-2019, 09:54 AM)Greg Wrote: Yes, I suggested the bet because no matter who won, I was going to the Awahnee for breakfast. 

Well played. Well played indeed!
Dreamt about work

Not the pantry
Not Expanse/Mando/Trek
Not a nacho hat tub with Charlize, Margot & Nicole
Not even a sword fight 

Work

Dreamt I was filling in photo hyperlinks in a forum post

Waste of time this dreaming sometimes...
Ha! Synchronicity intrudes again as may become apparent later.

I dreamt of HK. We were at the Yeti's store which had relocated to the corner of Prospect and Saratoga-Sunnyvale Rd, former home to the Blue Hills Market. Lots of my dreams seemed to come to that corner.

HK and I are in the shop, waiting on the Yeti. We decided to sleep in the bed that's at the corner of the shop while we wait. I tell him I have to leave by 6:00am which doesn't please HK. But then the Yeti arrives. At this point it becomes our job to take down the Christmas tree. We are having a terrible time trying to find the right boxes for the ornaments.

(03-06-2020, 06:40 AM)Greg Wrote: But then the Yeti arrives. At this point it becomes our job to take down the Christmas tree. We are having a terrible time trying to find the right boxes for the ornaments.

Xmas tree? Lawd. You really don't want me to psychoanalyze that one.  Such a loaded dream symbol.

So last night, I dreamt that I was with the Yeti at a salle d'armes, and for some odd reason, he wanted me to sub in for teaching a private lesson for one of his champs. My impression was that it was Sabrina, but that was never overt.  I had to explain that I was a former provost but hadn't given a lesson in 30 years or so, plus that I was epee and this pupil wanted a saber/foil sort of lesson (it vacillated in the dream as things often do).  Then there was this group of high level fencing masters that materialized and started observing critically.  I look over at Yeti and he's smirking of course, that 'gotcha again' smirk of his.  I can only manage basic lunges and a few simple feints.  Finally Yeti thinks I've had enough and takes over the rest of the lesson.  I step aside and think 'well, wth was that about?'
Yeah, what the Hell? I'm not *that* mean.

Also, Sabrina is above my pay-grade now.