Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Greg hates the forum
Giving it another shot today. First time was again failure as the install wanted to erase the database and all the data. I'm not falling for that a third time.

However, I just came across the one file I was not supposed to overwrite. It's buried in the documentation as opposed to front and center on the upgrade page. Grrrr.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

We appreciate your sacrifice here even more so than any of us jumping on cinematic grenades.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Just a heads up...

I'm getting SQL errors here a lot lately. If I leave the forum and come back again, they are resolved. But it could be a telltale sign of some future issue...
If it's any consolation, we're not seeing that. I'm not anyway. Are you writing the SQL or is it all part of the application?
the hands that guide me are invisible
It's all part the application. The PHP writes the MYSQL code to access the Database.

I run a couple of PHP/MySQL websites. Let me know if I can help you with anything.
Cool. There is some weird part of my hosting site that makes the upgrade problematic. I just have to keep kicking it until it works.

(10-17-2022, 01:46 PM)King Bob Wrote: Are you writing the SQL or is it all part of the application?

SQL like a pig!

Actually no. It just pops up every once in a while as I'm surfing through D00M4M.
Ditto on the occasional SQL interruptus.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Strange. I've never seen that.
The time has come. I'm going to move to a different hosting site. They raised my rates again and it is just too much, especially considering my hosting company isn't even one of the top companies. I think I've hosted with for at least twenty years. When I complained about the price to their sales rep, they offered a dollar off a month. Then they added an additional 50 cents off.

In the course of the next few weeks, things might get interrupted here on the site. Hopefully things don't get lost permanently. I have until August when my hosting account renews. God speed.

Best of luck and let us know if we can help.

If anything is lost, I might not remember what movies I've seen...
I use WebHostingPad.com for my website. It's sort of bare bones but it was much cheaper than others I looked at. Just looking, I see that there is a bulletin board app, phpBB.