Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV Kinda rocks now
I know, I know, another odd show DM likes, mostly for Kalinda. I'd tuned out of it this season, even though the critics say it's as on point as ever. I'm tuned back in again after that last episode. Did NOT see that coming. Well played, Will.

Let's see, what am I watching now: Cosmos, Tonight Show, Colbert, Daily Show, REVENGE, and with T, Glee, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, Sam & Cat, Rabbids Invasion. I think Revenge is the only show I keep up with religiously. Well, that and Rabbids.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I enjoyed True Detectives on HBO. Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey are on the trail of serial killer, but this was in the past and much of the story is told as a recounting from the present. Lots of character building and lead following. It feels like a movie. Nice cinematography. Soundtrack from T-Bone Burnett. A bit of Twin Peaks. A bit of Dexter. Both actors feel right in their parts. McConaughey often goes into philosophical ramblings which I've heard referred to as "McConologues".

[youtube]pA81F4AsIYQ[/youtube]

8 episodes in season one.

Recommended...

--tg
An Adventure in Space and Time

This was a BBC drama about getting the original Doctor Who to the screen. It was part of the 50th anniversary celebration last year. I recorded it and then forgot all about it, so I just got around to watching it. It was pretty good. A little Mad Men-esque period piece. If you're a Who-fan, then you should give it a go...

[youtube]dEwikIhEZrE[/youtube]

--tg
I'm sure you watched the Ninja episode.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
...but I posted about it on that other forum.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?44568-Ninjas!&p=1263728#post1263728">http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/sho ... ost1263728</a><!-- m -->
For True Detective fans:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://timeisaflatcircus.tumblr.com">http://timeisaflatcircus.tumblr.com</a><!-- m -->

[Image: tumblr_n3xqp0AtSz1tyxypso1_r1_400.png]
[Image: tumblr_n3xr6bjqPX1tyxypso1_400.png]
[Image: tumblr_n3xrq0lSeB1tyxypso1_400.png]
[Image: tumblr_n3xrwe7GW91tyxypso1_400.png]
[Image: tumblr_n3xvzozKhy1tyxypso1_r1_400.png]
[Image: tumblr_n3yqbmnlM71tyxypso1_400.png]
[Image: tumblr_n41mcr5Whk1tyxypso1_400.png]
[Image: tumblr_n4421eMsrw1tyxypso1_400.png]
[Image: tumblr_n45ad7MJF01tyxypso1_400.png]

--tg
Dr. Who returns tonight on BBC America at 8p. I'm not too fond of the current companion, and I'm not sure about the new Doctor, either. Looks like there might be a sword fight, tho:

[youtube]R7Fhr-HapZE[/youtube]

--tg
I liked him in Local Hero.
Well, he likes scotch (I think), so I'll give him a chance...

--tg
He makes a good Richelieu, too.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
This would have gone under my radar, but I heard an interview with Jonathan Ames who did the Bored to Death series on HBO on a podcast recently talking about his new series "Blunt Talk".I caught the first episode on Comcast's On Demand (I guess we have access to Starz network programming since they didn't want me to get my wallet out to watch it.) If you liked Bored to Death, you'll like this. Same feeling, only this has Patrick Stewart at the helm (Data makes a cameo at the piano in episode 1).

[youtube]miYYipdtLs4[/youtube]

--tg
Saw it on the Starz free preview weekend. Meh.
Drunk Monk Wrote:I confess. I'm addicted to Heroes.
Greg Wrote:Heroes rocks.

I watched the 2-hour premiere last night. The so-called Cadillac limited commercial interruption was B.S. I give it a big 'meh'. The Katana Girl story arc was amusing, but the rest fell flat for me, and frankly I don't really remember how the original series ended beyond that it ended poorly. I don't think I'll get that hooked into Reborn. Without Hayden Panettiere, Ali Larter and Zachary Quinto, the promise of Masi Oka isn't enough to engage me.
I like him. He got me to laugh right out of the gates.

I'm not as into Colbert as a talk show host as I don't think he lets his guests talk enough. However, I still luv his opening monolog. Fallon is a better entertainer, but Colbert is a lot smarter and covers politics so much better.

I'm also getting into Larry Wilmore a lot.
What DM said.

I like Trevor more than I thought I would. His first 2 episodes were quite funny, but the guests were very week.

As for Colbert, I don't love this iteration as much as I did the Colbert report. But he seems to be getting better as he grows into the roll. I think the first week he was just doing everything he could do to please. He also had some great guests. I like how so many of them are political figures and he gets to talk about politics. I'm amazed he got to devote a whole episode to the Pope and Catholicism. Some of his musical guests have rocked but a lot of them have gotten the quick fast forward.

I'm off Larry Wilmore. Too fond of his own jokes. Too smarmy.