Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV Kinda rocks now
Same writers as DW. They are/were very good and I'm looking forward to the next series.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Terrible video for this take on the Dr. Who theme. Don't bother watching, just listen...

[youtube]R1EyR8ClqX0[/youtube]

--tg
It's on ABC at 8:30PM about 6-7 minutes in.

Or you could watch it here tomorrow - http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/man-up - which is what I'll probably be doing.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
At least our mag looked good.

Watch it here: http://abc.go.com/watch/man-up/SH5512658...e-bromance
I just heard this on Doctor Who: "Okay, I'm trapped inside a giant robot replica of my wife; I'm trying really hard not to see this as a metaphor."
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Sherlock returns in Jan. If you haven't seen the first 3 episodes, go find them and catch up...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://kottke.org/11/12/sherlock-returns-in-january">http://kottke.org/11/12/sherlock-returns-in-january</a><!-- m -->

Quote:Sherlock returns in January

The second season of Sherlock returns to the BBC on January 1st with A Scandal In Belgravia:

<http://bleedingcool.com/2011/12/08/sherlock-season-2-gets-an-airdate-new-artwork-and-a-blurb/>

Quote:In episode one of this new series, compromising photographs and a case of blackmail threaten the very heart of the British establishment but, for Sherlock and John, the game is on in more ways than one as they find themselves battling international terrorism, rogue CIA agents and a secret conspiracy involving the British government. But this case will cast a darker shadow over their lives than they could ever imagine, as the great detective begins a long duel of wits with an antagonist as cold and ruthless and brilliant as himself: to Sherlock Holmes, Irene Adler will always be THE woman.
The series will likely show in the US on TV at some point after that or via torrent quite a bit sooner.

--tg
I've got Sherlock on the brain right now, for reasons that will be evident tomorrow. Anyway, needed the reference. You saved me a web search.
I'm guessing Screener. I hope it was better than the first.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
man, you're dumping on every film today.

tg, i take back what i said. that link was useless.
I did like the Sherlock series and wondered why they only made three. Stupid brits.

Are we all getting ready for Guy Ritchie to direct "The Man from UNCLE"?

Cinema Blend Wrote:It's been a tumultuous few months for the flailing big-screen adaptation of sixties spy series The Man From U.N.C.L.E.. Back at the beginning of August things looked great, with Steven Soderbergh attached to direct, George Clooney rumored for the lead role, and a script by Scott Z. Burns (Contagion). Then it all started to fall apart. First Clooney dropped out. For a while, it looked like Bradley Cooper would replace him, but then that fell through as well. Finally, last month, Soderbergh himself bailed on the project, leaving The Man From U.N.C.L.E. up the creek without a paddle and weighed down by a cumbersome acronym.

Now memorably-named super-spy Napoleon Solo has been rescued from oblivion by the guy who helped make Sherlock Holmes cool again. Scratch that -- by the Guy who helped make Sherlock Holmes cool again. Guy Ritchie, to be specific, who Deadline says has swooped in to take over the floundering project. Ritchie is forming a new production company with his Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows producer Lionel Wigram, and the pair plan to make U.N.C.L.E. the company's first project, with Ritchie in the director's chair.
...doing some background research on ritchie. for the screener. which is tonight in a few more hours....
He was married to Madonna and he directed Castaway with her in the lead. Yeeha.

Although, he also directed Snatch which I think is his best film so far.
The Man from U.N.C.L.E. That brings back memories. I was soooooo hooked on that.
Then there was To Catch a Thief, which I flirted with.
And then there was Happy Days -- though to be honest, I was never into that one at all.

Let's see. These days Robert Vaughn is selling reverse mortgages to the elderly. Robert Wagner ditto or similar. And likewise Henry Winkler.
A least they didn't go into politics.
Thankfully David McCallum still has a career. I always liked him best.
I'm nobody's pony.
Sherlock Season 2 comes to PBS next May.
Lock, stock, 2 smoking barrels, Snatch, RocknRolla...all enjoyable.