Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Wick: Chapter 3: Parabellum
THAT'S NOT FUNNY!

(Totally funny. Still walking on pins and needles because of the proximity)
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Sorry. Sometimes I can’t help myself. You know how incorrigible I am. If it’s any consolation, I regretted it as I keyed it in but I just couldn’t stop myself. DOOM humor.

Hoping for the best, of course.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Variety Wrote:Anjelica Huston will join Ana de Armas in “Ballerina,” a spinoff set in the “John Wick” universe. Huston is reprising her role as the Director, the head of the Ruska Roma, which she originated in 2019’s “John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum.”
“The idea of Ballerina was formed around the scenes with Anjelica in ‘John Wick 3,” producer Erica Lee said. “Anjelica Huston is an icon and is nothing less than Hollywood royalty. The world of Wick is always made richer by her commanding screen presence.”
“Ballerina” stars de Armas as a young female assassin who seeks revenge against those who killed her family. Len Wiseman is directing the film, which was written by Shay Hatten. It’s currently in production.

Sweet. Totally poachin this for KFM...

https://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/sho...-Ballerina

THX!
I live to serve.

(11-21-2022, 03:22 PM)Greg Wrote: I live to serve.

Make me a sammich!

just kidding. white bread & bologna ain't my thing... anymore.
Mmmm, bread. You could probably have a lobster roll. Something I will not make you.

Well, now that we have access to HBO MAx, it's time for us to see John Wick.  Still, LCF (and everyone else) wants me to see John Wick 2 first.  So I did, only to realize partway through I'd seen it years ago.  Still, I watched it through again, which served as a good reminder of where things stand.

Then we watched 3 last night.

Keanu doesn't strike me as the most physically gifted actor. But he seems to go above and beyond himself for this kind of mayhem.  A bit repetitious with all the throws and multiple-attack shootouts.  But it's all so clean.  So well-shot!  And what do we get?  A sharp and mysterious dip in the population of NYC. Then a sharp and mysterious dip in the population of Casablanca.  Then another dip in NYC's population. Then LCF had me put it on pause, because surely we were very close  to the end.  What?  41 minutes to go?  So we both took bathroom breaks, then on with the mayhem.

At the end, all I can say is, if John Wick isn't careful, he's gonna get himself in real trouble.

Now ready for 4.
I'm nobody's pony.
DM's friend, Marko Zaror (?) got name checked in the British Film magazine Empire in their article about John Wick 4. They referred to him as the Man Mountain.

Zaror. And yes - I'm so excited for him that he got this role. And yeah, he's a big dude. His guns are thicker than my waist. A really nice guy tho - generous and humble. I might reach out to him when this comes out for an interview.
Wasn't he the guy in that trailer about the martial arts film with the twin brothers?
the hands that guide me are invisible
You'll have to be more specific. Martial twins are kind of a thing...

It was a kinda funny moment when I heard he was on our cast because no one else knew who he was but I'd been following him for years prior. Our show runner didn't even know. Only Robert Rodriguez and Danny Trejo knew. 

I've been reviewing his flicks here for a while - just search Zaror or Marko. Maybe there's even one with twins... 

I even started a thread on him here http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...p?tid=1773 Damn...that was 17 years ago.
Reseen. This is where the Wick world goes over the top. Choreographically it is by far the strongest, packed with so many complicated oners. Dog choreo. That’s crazy. It also steals a lot from The Villainess which I must now see again to be sure. There was no disco gun fight - just subway crowd fights (the notion that these assassins can be so smooth that casual passers by fail to notice is funny enough to be allowed. Story wise it’s off the rails. The code of honor is absurd but acceptable. 

Every D00Mr should watch the JW trilogy in order over a short period at some point in their remaining lives. It’s a good ride.

I am ready for JW4.
C3 still has my favorite repartee

'He shot my dog'
'I get it'

We'll see if C4 can top that.