Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gregory R Lynch Sr.
Who keeps putting salt water on my keyboard?
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

I dunno, but the bastard got mine, too.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Turns out writing a eulogy isn't as fun as I thought it would be.

I didn't have to do that for my dad. He never wanted a service of any kind. I'm grateful because I don't think I would've made it.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Why won't my heart harden, dammit?

At approximately 4:15 this afternoon, I ran out of  fucks to give.

So let the record show.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
So, let it be written. So, let it be done.

(07-13-2017, 06:56 PM)Greg Wrote: At approximately 4:15 this afternoon, I ran out of  fucks to give.

That's 5 mins too early, but we'll allow it in such circumstances.
My dad was raised a good Italian Catholic, but was never very religious. My mother arranged his funeral at a Christian mega-church. I gave the eulogy and thanked my father for introducing me to global religious beliefs like Hinduism, Buddhsm, Egyptian and Roman/Greek mythology. No one freaked out and killed me, but there was some tension.
[Image: magpie13.gif]
With the exception of the man telling me to prepare for the end of days in October, my father's wake and rosary went very well.

I read a poem.

Yes, I picked the music. But the first damn song I hear when I come to the funeral home shouldn't be Willie Nelson's "My turn to cry"

(07-15-2017, 07:52 AM)Greg Wrote: I read a poem.

Was it a limerick?
Greg, my belated condolences. I'm on vacation and haven't been online - I just found out from DM's Instagram. And also sorry to not be at the memorial.

As everyone else has said, let me know if you need anything. I think I may be the closest geographically. I'm home Monday.
the hands that guide me are invisible
(07-14-2017, 06:13 PM)El Dingo Wrote: I gave the eulogy and thanked my father for introducing me to global religious beliefs like Hinduism, Buddhsm, Egyptian and Roman/Greek mythology. No one freaked out and killed me, but there was some tension.

ED u r such a prick but we luv ya for it, brother. That's gotta be one of the most hilarious eulogies I've ever heard. Like spraying air freshener on barflies during a kareoke contest.

Been ruminating about eulogizing fathers. In some ways, I feel I missed that closure, even though it's outside my religious tradition. But then, my father's passing was such a long process.

Hope you can get some rest soon, Greg. I'm sure it's been a long haul.

It was so trippy to be back in Lynch castle with DOOM.