Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's the cheese
Nine out of ten Ninjas preferred pudding. The tenth one just vanished.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
...your royalty is showing!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Cheese keeps my royals glorious. For glorious royals, it's the cheese. Pudding tarnishes your royals and makes them flaccid.

All the ninjas I know prefer cheese. What kind of sorry ninjas are you hanging out with?
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
The song goes "if you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding..."

Despite the tastiness of cheese, it was not mentioned. Explain that one away Gene!
the hands that guide me are invisible
Not to short circuit the debate or get all existential or anything, but in some parts of the world, the word "pudding" means "dessert." In those same parts of the world, cheese (served with fruit) is an after-meal dessert. So, in some places, you can have cheese for pudding.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
my body hurts already. Don't make the brain sore, too.
The Dark Side of the Moon is made of cheese. And I don't eat meat. So there.

As for the cheese for pudding comment, nice try, Queen, but this blood feud can not be resolved through mere vocabulary alteration. But to quote the gospel of Python "Blessed are the cheesemakers."
BREAD PUDDING! And you serve it with a sauce made of whiskey or brandy! What's not to like? It blows all other puddings away.

I admit that I've never had figgy pudding, but it doesn't sound very good anyway. And I'm told Spotted Dick is good, but I've never had that either. Nor have I had Yorkshire pudding, for that matter. But I'm sure bread pudding would kick their asses.
http://maindish.allrecipes.com/az/SrhsSv...Pdding.asp
http://www.cyber-kitchen.com/ubbs/archiv...dding.html
http://thefoody.com/cheese/cheesepudding.html

Blasphemers! Heretics! Sodomites!
I've had it. I've had it in Portsmouth. A sailor's port for the royal Navy. You can make up your own jokes.

For the longest time, I had a can of it at the top of the kitchen. It was made by Heinz. It should have been the perfect drop. Too bad. Or maybe i didn't throw it away after all.

I had to try it after all those Horatio Hornblower novels. I skipped the hard tack with weavils, though.
KB, can you post that Mac & Cheese recipe, please? Remember I'm a poppa DM and Mac & Cheese night is a regular event here. What did we feed kids before Mac & Cheese. Don't say pudding.

I love the word 'nacho'. It is a divine word, the very language of the Gods. When God spoke to Moses, surely 'nacho' was in the 11th commandment but he just didn't have enough room on the tablets. It rolls off the tongue like silken poetry. Nacho. Mind you, I'm not talking just that melted shredded stuff over chips. I'm talking that sauce, that heavenly, heavenly sauce, only available at Taco Bell, movie theaters, ballparks and Target eating establishments. Pure gold that. Thick. Creamy. With that delicate skin that forms after sitting under the heat lamps for so long, just waiting to crack open and reveal such sensual orange pleasures within.
The beauty of it is that you don't have to cook the macaroni first; you just bake it all together. It comes out like a cheesy loaf of noodles - you can cut it with a knife - and with delightful crispy cheese on top. Be sure to have pudding for dessert.

Time: 1 hour 15 minutes

3 tablespoons butter
12 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
12 ounces American cheese or cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
1 pound elbow pasta, boiled in salted water until just tender, drained, and rinsed under cold water
1/8 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
Salt
2/3 cup whole milk.

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Use one tablespoon butter to thickly grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Combine grated cheeses and set aside two heaping cups for topping.
2. In a large bowl, toss together the pasta, cheeses, cayenne (if using) and salt to taste. Place in prepared pan and evenly pour milk over surface. Sprinkle reserved cheese on top, dot with remaining butter and bake, uncovered, 45 minutes. Raise heat to 400 degrees and bake 15 to 20 minutes more, until crusty on top and bottom.

Yield: 8 to 12 servings.
Oh! I feel a new thread coming on...! "Doom Recipes"! "Cooking with DOOM"! "Rachel Ray does DOOM"! "DOOM vs. Iron Chef"!

PPFY(ZY)
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
T is vegan - has been for almost a year. No more mac-y. It's her biggest temptation.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: tenor.gif]
[Image: ohWqlUj.gif]
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=3540800]