Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Wick (2014) by David Leitch and Chad Stahelski
Just rewatched JW1 in preparation for the alleged upcoming interview with Chad. I’d been putting it off because I could only find it for rent on Amazon, but I just realized the whole trilogy is available on Peacock. Just gotta tolerate commercials. At least they are placed in between scene because a dominoes ad in the middle of a JW fire fight would be so harsh.

This holds up remarkably well. It’s so honest. It promises ultravi from the get go and delivers all the way through. It’s the rawest of the JWs being the first, a diamond in the rough, yet designed in an open ended way so the Continental could expand. 

JW made me embrace Keanu, who I now adore. It wasn’t the first installment - I wasn’t sure what I was watching at the start and perhaps my unfounded Keanu disdain tainted my initial opinion. 

I’ll watch the next two soon but I’m sleepy now. Too much cheese…
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
John Wick Chapter 2 doesn’t have its own thread. It was just tacked on the this thread. It holds up well too. It’s slicker than the first. 1 was the experiment. By 2, they knew they had something so they invested in more world building with Rome’s Continental and the High Table. Like with Star Wars, it’s the sequel that cements the franchise.

Ruby Rose is so good as the deaf assassin. Fishburne as the king of the streets opens up the world even more, along with the operator broadcasting the contracts. 

Keanu is sharper with his gunplay and jujitsu. I was struck by how well he does reloading. I like that there’s some effort at running out of bullets, although you can’t count the shots (except when he only has the 7) because like usual, some of Keanu’s gun have way too many rounds. I like how everyone hammer pounds their sharps to get through the defense, whether it be a blade of a pencil.

And Greg is right - it’s all really just one long movie, divided into 3 (soon to be 4) chapters. Tomorrow night = http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...p?tid=4965
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Looking forward to the new chapter.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.