Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackie Chan is awesome
Hey! Who you calling white? Never mind.

I missed the Knoxville segment because I was working. I'll look for it on the podcast.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Greg Wrote:Hey! Who you calling white?

All of you. I tried to get a few more ethnic members but none of them could hang.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I beg to differ. There are quite a few tokers in the Brotherhood. (See? It's wordplay!)
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
I just saw the trailer for Skiptrace as I was sitting in my hotel room on my drive back from New York. I'm in nowhere, Illinois.

Anyway, my thought is this: Didn't Charles Grodin and Robert DeNiro already make this movie and call it Midnight Run?
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

So, the Bond theme is available for everyone to use?

He's co-starring with Pierce Brosnan for this one. srsly.

And Orla Brady, who you met (although we mistakenly did NOT chat up) at the Into the Badlands screener.
I'm not saying Pierce Brosnan looks and sounds like Jerry Adams on purpose, but.....

I'm so poaching that Jerry Adams comment if I get to review this.  I've been contacted by the national distributor, but not the local screening promoters.

Jackie is getting serious now.  He's been serious for years in Asia.  We'll see how Hollywood reacts, if Western audiences will finally let him break free of his comedy Kung Fu typecasting.

Fine. Take my best lines.

(09-12-2017, 10:48 AM)Greg Wrote: Fine. Take my best lines.

I thought that was the point of this forum.   Undecided
You you've made it when they start releasing your films as part of the Criterion Collection.

The Criterion Collection

[Image: tRxqeUPiDPindtwZmutJ5SCGXzezgX_large.jpg]

The Criterion Collection Wrote:Police Story/Police Story 2

The jaw-dropping set pieces fly fast and furious in Jackie Chan’s breathtakingly inventive action comedies, two smash hits that made him a worldwide icon of daredevil spectacle. The director/star/one-man stunt machine plays Ka-kui, a Hong Kong police inspector whose methods are, ahem, unorthodox; the phenomenal Maggie Cheung, in a star-making role, plays his much-put-upon girlfriend, May. Packed wall-to-wall with astoundingly acrobatic fight choreography, epic explosions, charmingly goofball slapstick, and awesomely 1980s electro soundtracks, Police Story and Police Story 2 set a new standard for rock-’em, sock-’em mayhem that established Chan as a performer of unparalleled grace and daring and would influence a generation of filmmakers, from Hong Kong to Hollywood.

(04-30-2019, 03:25 PM)Greg Wrote: You you've made it when they start releasing your films as part of the Criterion Collection.

The Criterion Collection

[Image: tRxqeUPiDPindtwZmutJ5SCGXzezgX_large.jpg]

The Criterion Collection Wrote:Police Story/Police Story 2

The jaw-dropping set pieces fly fast and furious in Jackie Chan’s breathtakingly inventive action comedies, two smash hits that made him a worldwide icon of daredevil spectacle. The director/star/one-man stunt machine plays Ka-kui, a Hong Kong police inspector whose methods are, ahem, unorthodox; the phenomenal Maggie Cheung, in a star-making role, plays his much-put-upon girlfriend, May. Packed wall-to-wall with astoundingly acrobatic fight choreography, epic explosions, charmingly goofball slapstick, and awesomely 1980s electro soundtracks, Police Story and Police Story 2 set a new standard for rock-’em, sock-’em mayhem that established Chan as a performer of unparalleled grace and daring and would influence a generation of filmmakers, from Hong Kong to Hollywood.

They did a theatrical release of this a few months ago. Emilio and I were going to go but my mom's situation came up.  He went and really enjoyed it. Those films are two of Jackie's most awesome. The stunts and action are ridiculous - great pacing, good plot and Jackie at the top of his game.  No one can touch some of the stuff in those films.

As a side note, this was my introduction to the 'real' Jackie Chan for Stacy.  They played together at the Embarcadero theaters in SF and I took her.  I remember her asking me in between the two films if the second one kept up the pace because it was just so intense.  And yes, it delivers.  The following installments to the franchise are also good - heck the second one was our reintroduction to Michelle Yeoh - but the first two are total classics.