Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TexASS
I'm quite ready to come home but my flight isn't until this evening and there's more competition today, including sparring and lion dance. I'm really tired. The heat is relentless. The jam packed venue makes everything even more exhausting. My roommate has been cool - Phillip Luk, an old Cantonese tai chi master out of bellaire, very polite. 

I was up late texting and channel surfing (roommate was out to dinner with his nephew) when one of my jnk called looking for a reference for his bondsman. Damn. He had a blow out on the way home from some trim work and the cops got there before aaa. Had a bag of trim (no big) and some l he forgot about (felony). Fuck. Can't really commiserate about that here in texASS with my martial family, so I post it here. Poor kid. He's in his 20s and has great potential, but this might land him in the joint.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
My flight home was miserable.  I thought I might get some sleep.  But I got the lucky seat in front of the family with the two screaming toddlers.  Nearly four hours of screaming.  The mom was smacking them.  The kids were kicking the seats, running through the aisles, causing mayhem for everyone.  When we hit a bout of turbulence, I know everyone was thinking 'if only it would bounce those kids off the ceiling'.  

But that's just air travel nowadays. 

My parting thoughts on this year's DallASS trip follow:

Everywhere I went there was MMA on TV and guys with gun shirts, mostly rifle ranges/gun clubs and full-auto product endorsements, plus a few 'open carry' advocates.

Food sucks for vegetarians.  I wound up eating at a BBQ joint at one point - their veggie plate was three sides.  Actually, that was one of my better meals.

DFW is the most oppressive overblown airport in the world.  Hate. That. Place.

African Americans work a lot of subservient jobs like janitors, wait-staff, drivers.  When you say 'hi' or 'thank you', they are really grateful to be acknowledged, because so few bother with such simple courtesies.  

They perfume their AC in many hotels.  I think this is to cover up their general stink.  

Texans are really big and really fat.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse