Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TexASS
Isn't the answer 'Human'?
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Yup. A really special place.

"Californian" is a good response to that asinine question.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
I look Tibetan apparently. Sometimes I say Lankan, because no one knows where Lanka is, and it's a nod to the Ramayana. Tongue
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I lived in Austin.

Austin is basically San Francisco with a southern twang. It's a liberal paradise of Tex-Mex food, A street they block off on weekends for bar-hopping and The Alamo Drafthouse.

I met The Cure at a barely attended record signing, I saw Big Country, The Talking Heads, Oingo Boingo and many others at tiny venues where you could wak up to the stage, leave to get a beer and walk back without any crowd issues.

We cannot erase Texas if it means losing Austin.
[Image: magpie13.gif]
Well, having been to Austin a few times, I'd still take that chance.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Now *that* was an epic road trip. Total fear and loathing.

My only memory of Austin was when you introduced me to some old friend of yours and she was really excited because she hadn't seen an Asian in years.
It's only 102 F. Not bad.

I thought I came last year but I didn't bitch about it here? Odd.
Blocking?
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

i forgot they skipped last year. 

There's a good turnout because it's a World Chin Woo Championship. It was a long way here with a cancelled flight and a delayed replacement flight. I was up at around 4:20 and didn't fly out until almost noon. But victory was had with a ninja brrakfast with the mighty yeti (had I known about the delay, I would have stayed for whisky).

I just closed the bar with Master Grace. She gave me a bag of Garretts cheese & caramel popcorn. She didn't even know what it was. There was a line at the airport stand so she just bought some. It's after 1am and I know if I start eating it, I won't be able to stop, and I should be up in 6 hours...

Maybe just one handful....
The first bag is always free....
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Some writer (might have been Kinky Friedman) said that Austin was great but that the problem was that it was surrounded by Texas.
the hands that guide me are invisible
What photographer uses a sports speed shutter to shoot tai chi? I can imagine Gregs eyeroll...

Popcorn resisted last nigth
its hot out. But it's freezing inside cuz the ac is super high. I was looking hungry so Grace started feeding me chocolates and even bought me a veggie burger (a veggie burger? In TexASS?). Now the promoter just brought in a ton of Chinese food. It's either cook or freeze, feast or famine.

A lot of peeps know me here and I haven't a clue who they are. Sometimes the ensuing chat up will jog my memory. Sometimes I just play along.

They are squeezing 10 rings in a space that might hold 6. It's packed.

I wonder if the hotel would kick me out if I napped in this comfy lobby chair...
This sofa goes well with the comfy Muzak. There's a journalism convention going on.
I wuz gonna say more above but I got innerupted by a schmoozer and now I can't remember wot I was gonna post....