Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My job is not so bad...
And yes, the toad fu master puffed out his cheeks just like in KFH, although not to such a CGI degree. There was some vidoe taken, but I haven't reveiwed it to see if it caught that part.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
It was a phoner to Shanghai. Yep, figures I'd have to work on Memorial Day. But I had him all to myself for about 40 minutes (it was supposed to go 30 minutes, but I was probably so fawning, Jet deigned to speak with me longer). His voice was thrashed. I know he's been doing interviews for Fearless for the last several days. But still, I haven't been that starstuck ever. I've followed Jet's career since Shaolin Temple (1982) and seen every single film he has made.
Was it a brokeback mountain sort of incident? Or interview?
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Very cool.

I told some friends, who were impressed.
I even emailed my mom about it. She was very impressed, but wondered if your mind would go blank the moment he answered.
I'm nobody's pony.
I had all my questions written out, about a page worth, and I got worried about five minutes into it that I didn't have enough questions, but Jet gave long answers. I've been studying interviewing techniques - Barbara Walters wrote some good stuff on it and I really like Terry Gross's style, but there's such an art of conversation to getting something out of a celebrity, and I'm not such a talented conversationalist. As it was, I sort of flubbed my last question, but oh well. You know you asked a stupid question when the interviewee answers with "as I said before..." Nevertheless, it was a lot of fun. You'll see the results in a month or so.
Ronny directed Fearless, Jet Li's new movie. He also directed one of my favorite fantasy films, The Bride with White Hair, as well as a wonderful kid's film, Warriors of Virtue, which totally kicked ass on those mutant turtles (I think they were really pirates anyway). He also did some films I'm sure that BeePee saw - Bride of Chucky and Jason vs. Freddy. He was slated for Snakes on a Plane, but he left the project for some undisclosed reason, which I was going to ask him about but we had too much fun talking about other things and I ran out of time.

And strangely, Brokeback Mountain did come up in this interview...
Yu Hai played the big monk in the three Jet Li Shaolin Temple movies. He is also one of the most renowned grandmasters of China. At 64, he's still agile as a panther. He's known for his mantis style, which you've seen if you remember those old movies. He became a recluse in the 90's because he was sick of martial politics. This was his 2nd trip to the US - the last was the White House tour with Jet Li in '74. I actually troubled him for an autograph, something I almost never do...
I'm impressed! I wanted to be big Monk when I grew up! He was way cooler than Jet Li in the first Shaolin Temple movie. Your job rocks!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine...rticle=670
...and sometimes, fans ask me for my autograph. Unfortunately, they usually look like they were kicked out of a Star Trek convention, but still....
Jet Li has a One foundation. Bono has a One Foundation. Oops. Do you think they know? Is there going to be a throw down?
The star of Ong Bak and Tom Yum Goong aka The Protector is about my height, which is taller than I imagined (Jackie and Jet are shorter). Of course, Tony is hella more buff than I ever was. He's doing what I'm calling a lemongrassroots tour and appeared in SF at a leading Muay Thai school to give a little demo at. Nice guy. Fast as freaking light. Amazing jumping ability. Agile as a cat on steroids. Very impressive.
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/ar...rticle=682
I spent the day with Beyonce Knowles on Saturday, probably one of the biggest pop stars on the planet. Granted, I spent most of the day atop a ladder using an e-fan to blow her hair which she found annoying, but I was probably closer than any of you lot. What were her thoughts? Probably get that creepy guy away from me. He keeps staring.

And yes the day was sixteen hours long and I worked for about an hour which included getting yelled at by the boss. Joy Fun Joy.

[Image: gregbeyonce.jpg]

Yes, I am a svelte little creature. Not to mention delicate.
Beyonce's face and Greg's ass. What's wrong with that picture?

Here's some footage of Yu Hai, in reference to my post above. This is old footage; I'm guessing early or mid seventies. I've seen footage of Jet as a kid that looks very similar, possibly from the same shoot.
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/87075/yu_h...is_master/

Just about finished with the cover story on Yu Hai. I'll post it here when it's available on our e-zine.