Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are you going next?
The initial schedule is firming up... and I expect some extra trips to be added in later.

Jan 25-31: Chicago
April 23-26: Nashville
May 14-17: San Francisco
June 11-14: Boston
June 25-28: Eatontown, NJ
Aug 4-9: Washington, D.C.
September 10-13: Kansas City
September 24-27: Cleveland
October 8-11: Orlando
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Have the red carpet cleaned by May 14-17
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
If your travelling, check out this site:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://sf.myopenbar.com/">http://sf.myopenbar.com/</a><!-- m -->

Billed as "Your guide to free booze", they cover NYC, LA, Chicago, Honolulu, Miami and SF. Not necessarily free booze, but often posts about deals, happy hours, or happenings. I found out that the SFMOMA is free on the first Tuesday of every month, so when I was up there last week I did the express tour on my lunch break.

There are also interesting posts like this:
Quote:Folsom Street Fair and Adult Sexual Fantasies
free booze, nudity / 7pm
FivePoints ArtHouse
50 Bannam Place,
415-722-2068
Map It | Directions
rating 5

For the second week in a row you can just show up to FivePoints, drink some free booze "of Trader Joe quality," be on a TV show, and put your John Hancock on a nude model.

Email George Davis for more info: (415) 722-2968 or <!-- e --><a href="mailto:george@fkkfreebodyculture.com">george@fkkfreebodyculture.com</a><!-- e -->

Maybe that's SF-specific....

Or this one:

Quote:Get Loaded (like a washing machine)
$1 PBRs and laundry / 4-7pm
Brainwash Cafe
1122 Folsom Street,
at Langton Street (near 7th Street)
SoMa
(415) 255-4866
Map It | Directions
rating 3

Maybe that dream you've harbored of meeting that special hottie over a load of laundry can finally come true. You can even discuss your mutual distaste of PBR, over a PBR.

PBR = Pabst Blue Ribbon :drinkers: :vom:
And Brainwash was right down the street from AFS even when I worked there. Been there, done that, hung the rest our to dry.
With all of the SOMA references, it could be called "My Open Sewer" instead. PBR at Brainwash? Folsom Street Fair? Jeezus; buy your own booze and maintain some dignity and experience the thrill of testing negative in the morning.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
tq, when you come to S.F. beware the yeti cave. Sure, there's good whisky there, but it's like braving the ogre's lair, deep in the urine swamp, to get at that treasure.

If you come to Fremont, we'll take you to Naz Cinema - you need some Bollywood in your life. Tongue
Keep in mind, when I said San Francisco, I meant "the Bay Area" in general. No idea what hotel or where -- given the difficulties of driving around the city, we'll undoubtedly be looking for a convention-type hotel that's easy for folks to get to, but the local sales rep typically gets the last word in where (as she's the one responsible for getting as many people as possible to show up to my classes). Greg suggested I look for a nice hotel in Millbrae. I wonder what made him think of that neighborhood. Big Grin
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
If he is still between gigs, bring him along! If you end up in one of the airport hotels, that's essentially Millbrae, too. Pom Daddy is correct about the Yeti Cave and its noxious surroundings. I feel very much like Shreck in his beloved swamp.

-
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Kansas City just got nixed, Minneapolis is taking its place.

The local sales rep and my admin are working on hotels for the SF area trip, will keep you guys apprised.

BTW - I believe I was at the Yeti den (or at least one version of a Yeti den) about 10 years ago. The fencing camp trip back in the late '90s, I think, because Greg was with me. I could be wrong. But I do recall a brief visit either just before or just after a meal.
do you have any idea how much whisky i've had to drink to eradicate any memories of the yeti cave? but wait, the whisky is *in* the yeti cave. my, my, this is a puzzle.
My ultimate Yeti Cave memory is ED putting on Iron Man during a party there.

Also Legbone trying to trick the Yeti into opening the durian.
the hands that guide me are invisible
They've added at least three more trips to my 2009 itinerary - Denver, Birmingham (again!) and another trip to Chicago, this time in July. United is going to adore me.
Your Majesty, do you just hum the "I've been everywhere, man" song to yourself?

As for the rest of you, that was the former Yeti Cave (40 Langton). About 6 years ago I moved to the New Yeti Cave at 22 1/2 Langton. All the urine, but but 1/4 of the space (and no roomies or sherpas!). That's right: I have a "1/2" in my address. Beat that, suckas!
Ah, then let me teach you a PC trick. Hold down the Alt key, and then on your number pad type 155, then let go of the Alt key -- gives you the ½ symbol. (Gotta figure out how to do that more easily on the iMac. I just had to go click all over the place to get that danged symbol.)
OK! how would I do it on my Mac?