The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Forums
Where are you going next? - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum)
+-- Forum: Doom Discussions (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Travel (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Where are you going next? (/showthread.php?tid=1464)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Where are you going next? - Greg_phpbb3_import1 - 01-02-2009

This June, I'm supposed to go to Ireland with the nephew and my father. I'm hoping to stop the Guinness distillery to make the Pom Daddy jealous. I might even have a wee jar.

In the following year, I need to make the crusaders tour of the Meditteranean. I need to hit Malta, Cyprus and the Holy Land. Does anybody have those winning lottery ticket numbers?

Re: Where are you going next? - The Queen - 01-02-2009

Chicago, end of January. What a great time to visit Chicago! National Harbor, MD (just south of Metro DC area) August 5-9.

Don't know about the rest of the workshop trips yet, but Boston, Orlando, Cleveland, San Francisco and Atlanta are all looking pretty probable, with strong maybes on Minneapolis, Kansas City and/or Dallas. No idea on dates yet.

Re: Where are you going next? - Dr. Ivor Yeti - 01-04-2009

Frisco?! You name the time, and I'll bring the whisky!

Re: Where are you going next? - thatguy - 01-04-2009

I'll be in frisco all next week...If you need help getting rid of some of that whiskey, let me know.

-tg

Re: Where are you going next? - El Dingo - 01-05-2009

We're saving our resources for the big Spain/Portugal/Italy trip in 2010.

But I can always make it over the bridge if whisky is involved.

i went by victory - Drunk Monk - 01-05-2009

there was no whisky. there was fried eels, but no whisky. you gotta go to the yeti cave for the whisky and that's waaaaay too scary. besides, if you went there, it'd cost a fortune just to get the urine smell out of your coat.

still, the idea of getting tq schnockered on whisky if she does make it to sf is strangely enticing...
:partyman:

Re: Where are you going next? - The Queen - 01-05-2009

Been a long, long, long time since the queen was snockered.

We'll let you know as travel plans develop.

Re: Where are you going next? - Dr. Ivor Yeti - 01-06-2009

Hey, That Guy, you bringing your hittin' irons to do some fence-a-fyin' while you're up here?

does SF count as travel? - Drunk Monk - 01-06-2009

Only if you live in helL-A.

Re: Where are you going next? - thatguy - 01-06-2009

Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote:Hey, That Guy, you bringing your hittin' irons to do some fence-a-fyin' while you're up here?

Sorry, not this time. My knees been bugging me. It clicks whenever I go to the club to do floor exercises. I haven't figured what to do about it yet. Just trying to alternate between stretching it out and letting it be.

--tg

down goes tg to OFS - Drunk Monk - 01-07-2009

Old Farts' Syndrome. We all got it. Welcome to it.

Maybe you got it - King Bob - 01-07-2009

Actually my knees are pretty good, but then I never fenced. I do have a bad wrist from screen-printing though, which is sometimes aggravated from computer use.

We are planning to go to Boston in the spring. My nephew is at Harvard. I'm looking forward to it. I was there on business once, but it was early February and I only had a little free time.

Re: Where are you going next? - thatguy - 01-12-2009

MacWorld Expo was ho-hum as to be expected when 1) the economy takes a dump, 2) the Messiah returned drops a few pounds and says he's going to sit this one out, 3) the mothership company is pissed at the show sponsor for moving the schedule up a week when they promised they wouldn't last year, and 4) the mothership wants to take her ball and go home anyway.

My suspicion is that this will end up being the last Mac Expo and the next year CES will try to steal all the Apple vendors. I've been working on and off at Mac Expo since I was at ComputerWare in the '90s, so it was kind of a fizzle and a bit disappointing. If you're not a fanboy and follow the Apple news with baited breath, they didn't announce anything significant. A couple of tweaks to some of there software offerings, and a better battery in one of there laptops.

Traffic was a little lighter, but it picked up. And I've been at Expo during the lean years before Jobs came back, before it was the iPod accessory show, when it shrank down to a single hall in Moscone and they actually set up the aisles in a bit from the walls. That sucked and this was no where near that bad.

While I deal mostly in utility software, our company picked up a number of graphics titles and those show really nicely, so there was a decent amount of interest at the "pretty" side of our booth. My voice went froggy by the second day. We were lodging at the Parc55 which is nice, but my roommate announced he snored the first night. I said that's ok, I have ear plugs. Well...I switched to an iPod played loud and that helped a bit, but I slept like crap all week.

I did eat a lot of nice food (and drank). On Monday night it was New Delhi (behind the Parc55). Tuesday I went with two friends to House of Nanking. Wednesday was the staff dinner, we went to Umbria. We followed that with a trip to the top of the Marriott for drinks. Thursday we did a charity bowling event at the Yerba Buena bowling alley and loaded up on free beer and bad pizza, but then went out after to Japantown for more drinks. I'll post more in the food forum.

I came back on Friday to do some work in the office and recover.

--tg

Re: Where are you going next? - The Queen - 01-13-2009

thatguy Wrote:We were lodging at the Parc55 which is nice, but my roommate announced he snored the first night. I said that's ok, I have ear plugs. Well...I switched to an iPod played loud and that helped a bit, but I slept like crap all week.

Roommate?! My company, which I'm pretty sure is the cheapest company in the universe, stopped doing that a long time ago!

Re: Where are you going next? - thatguy - 01-14-2009

We used to do it all the time, then a couple of years ago, there was some snafu and we ended up with private rooms and that was the norm for about a few years. This year then wanted to cut costs and made us share rooms again.

--tg