Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Drunk Monk is in the news again
I've known two Jay Thomas'. Not well at all, but there you are. One was a tough collegiate epee fencer from somewhere's back east. The other was a DJ at the country station I worked at in Virginia. He left before I started there, but everyone used to talk about Jay Thomas did this and Jay Thomas did that. I met him once, and I think this is the same guy.

Scary!

If you chat with him or his minions off the air, and you feel like asking him, see if he ever worked at WFNR in Christiansburg, VA.

I'd be curious...
It was this Jay Thomas http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0858988/ - if you go to the site on my previous post, there's a pic of him. He was alright, all things considered. His olbigatory sidekick was a bit of a dick, but that's par for the course (and yes, that was a penis pun). Having to answer a question like "if you wore a steel-toed boot and kicked, would it clang?" was just asinine. Again, par for the course.

Thanks to Greg, I'm coming in early to the office next Monday to be interviewed by Kevin and the Bean http://www.kroq.com/kevinandbean/. Yeah, it's the cream of cultured media for the ol' drunk monk and his travelling penis peep show. It's scheduled for 8 AM, so all you So Cal DOOMies, tune in.

Now, worthy of note, Greg in his email said I was the publisher of Inside Kung Fu. HELLO? I publish Kung Fu Tai Chi!! That's akin to saying Hefner published Penthouse, or Yeti works for Santelli, or HK makes Dragon Tales. I couldn't even think of a good analogy for your carpentry work because you seem to be a set making slut. But then again, it might be your industry. Yeah, when I'm working my way to the office on a cold miserable Monday morn next week, I'll be thinking how good your bleached butt would look covered in nacho sauce to a Yeti-sized steel-toed boot. IKF indeed! Mad
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Kevin & Bean (and Ralph and Lisa May) are a staple of my mornings -- this'll be so cool! I'll have to turn the phones off and log off the net at 8 so no one interrupts my enjoyment of this.

BTW, whaddaya mean you have to go in "early" at 8? Slug! By 8:00, I've already been working for two or three hours!!!
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Hey, but who got you a gig on the air on the number 2 drivetime show in Los Angeles?

Okay, it was Mr. Tu, but at least I'm trying.

Sorry about the Inside Kung Fu thing. I blanked. You could liken me to a Grip. That would be a deadly insult.

(What's the test to be a grip? They lock you in a padded room with a bowling ball. If you can break it, you're a grip. if you can steal the bowling ball, they make you a propmaster.

How do you tell the differance between a propmaker and grip?
The propmaker removes the dishes from the sink before he pees in it)
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
it's all about entertaining you two, is it?

at 8 am, i'm usually struggling with stacy to get tara dressed and fed, as well as her lunch made, and all of our stuff in order for the day, as tara sits glued to dragon tales.

and speaking of my samurai incarnation (see page one of this thread), y'all saw this http://www.martialartsmart.net/95-054koy.html. would you beleive that some one thought so highly of it that they stole it? check this out http://www.cafepress.com/buy/martial%20a..._/c_/hlv_t

yes, i trust y'all will be wearing your samurai gene shirts while you're listening to me try to keep up with morning djs....
I'm now also scheduled to do my Iron Crotch riff on the John London show at 4 PM on Monday. Monday will be a big interview day. There's live streaming on the site so So Cal DOOM can get a double shot. http://1069freefm.com/skin/blurb.php?sec...ntId=80277
When your pimping Inside Kung Fu on Monday, I thought you might like a few K&B facts to know.

Bean broadcasts the show from his house in Seatle.

Always refer to LisaMay as the lovely LisaMay.

Ralph does the voice and comedy bits for the show. It was during his entertainment news report that the Iron Crotch demonstration was mentioned.

This week they are giving away tickets for KROQ's acoustic Christmas. It's an annual event with lots of alternative bands. It usually sells out in about a minute.

Kevin is the king of malaprops. He says things like "They watch us with a fine tooth comb"

They are also picking the new Miss Double December in honor of everyone's favorite month Double December. It goes along with Rocktober and Blowvember. Yes, they have one for each month.

They are very area code conscious down here. The 909 depicts the inland area of SoCal. It's referred to as the valley of the dirtpeople or Fontucky.

Kevin bleaches his hair blonde and loves his pleather jacket.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Cindi just reminded me I forgot to call Greg a grip. Dang. Next time, when I find the iron vagina....
...the utter contempt in Kevin 's voice as he said "Greg and Cindi in the 909, huh?" after the shout out was just perfect. I laughed my tush off. Can't wait to hear the next one. Got the link.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
...I'm so bummed that I missed the grip thing with all Greg's set boys a'listening. That would have been tasty revenge for the IKF mistake. Oh well, onward and forward...