Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Like a Phoenix
These days it's always exciting to click on the link for the site.

Earlier in the week, I was back to the spinning ball that made my stomach drop. I thought I was going to have to fix the forum again. But then it was back. Whew.

Just now, I clicked and I got a 503 message which I have never seen before. That wasn't scary at all.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
The best thing about the new forum is that as an administrator, I get so many more stars than DM.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Tongue 
Aargh. Okay, I almost put a gun in my mouth because i was working on some posts and the forum vanished. And I couldn't get it to come back up.

Photo 
[Image: its-alive.jpeg]

--tg
The Smilies are back. The Smilies are back. 026 068 031 024 041 Dance Cthulhu Emo

So, when we post spoilers, it's usually in a tiny font.

For some reason, during the switch, the new forum has changed all this tiny type into massive type. All the spoilers from the old forum are now writ bold.

Bold, I tell you.

For hyperlinks, embedded pix and YouTube, I just see code. Are my settings off?
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I fix them as I see them. You should just be able to post the youtube link in directly. for the hyperlinks, there is now a button to insert. Same goes for images.

The old YouTube vids don't show.  Let's try a new one here for an experiment.

Well, that worked.  It's just the old ones then.  

Also, the titles of the posts don't show.  That drives me batty because I'm so used to the format of titling posts.  

These are all trivial really.  Not urgent at all.
The way the old forum did videos and the way the new one does videos is different. So, all the old vid links broke during the transition.

The title of the topics does still show up.

And if you really want, you can see the old forum at the old link. It resurfaced again . . .

I figured as much with the YT vids.

As for the titles, I meant the Post Subject of the individual posts, not the initial post.  Can you see the title of this individual post?
Nope. I'll see what I can do

Okay, so if you hover over the "#36" or whatever the number is to the right of your post, you will see your subject line.
The subject line for this post is "I'm Hiding Beneath a Number" if you want to try it. Just hover over #58 to the right.
This isn't a solution, but it might help point the way to one, or serve as a workaround for the present.
I'm nobody's pony.
That didn't work on my iPhone  Sad
I see the hovering now that I'm on a proper 'puter.  That makes me happy.  I can't resist filling in the blank of the post subject and I'm glad to see it's not all for naught.