Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Like a Phoenix
I killed the forum. I admit it. If you'd like to view it's body you should go here The Old Forum Don't log in. You'll only make it crash. But you can still peruse the posts to get an idea of what you were talking about before the accident.
Now that the cow has left the barn and I think gone to the neighbors, I will be backing up the forum a little more frequently.
Unfortunately, you do have to reregister but all the avatars are still here, so we'll be seeing the giant fish and sean and the fencers and whatever Bob chooses just like always. But we are all back to zero posts. We are all Doomlettes together. I assure you, i won't be one for long.
Let's get started.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
The forum crashed when:
1. Haggis Killer returned and I indoctrinated him into DOOM all by my lonesome - Legbone suggested that may have disrupted our forum feng shui - so we should incdotrinate cranefly too, assuming he returns as cranefly. Or maybe I should just do it. Do we vote on such things or what? I forgot. I don't think we've had new blood in 20 years...

2. Yeti not only posted a movie review (on Wallace & Gromit) he posted it first and with an abnormal title. Splitter.

3. Legbone sent the remaining disputed pictures of bloody Greg foot to Greg, thus breaking thee alledged boycott.

4. Eric resurfaced at Bob's father's memorial.

5. There was discussion of a DOOM gathering in November that might actually have more than three of us.

6. I took over the one section of the forum way too many times.

7. Two weird spider spambots became members. Maybe we should password this whole puppy after all. Greg, do you review all the member applications before approval? All applicants should either know one of us or be professional supermodels...

8. Halloween came early. Did y'all see the eclipse? Spoooooky.

Coincidence? I don't think so.

Greg - you should lock down that previous forum, so no one posts on it and crashes it. There should also be a way to transfer the data. Ther emight be some data loss in the process, but it's worth looking into.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Greg 1541
Gene 1520
The Queen 271
Magpie 168
Haggis Killer 100
Yeti 88
Legbone 48
Cranefly 34
Wombat 26
King Bob 2
Capt Ken 2

Not that I'm keeping score or anything. But let the games begin

Gene is already one post behind
Greg Wrote:The Queen 271

Not that I care either, but did you count BOTH The Queen and thequeen? Remember that at one point "thequeen" got damaged and I had to start all over again from scratch.
Just checked and yes, you did.

But I got two posts out of one whine. Go me!
What do you think?

Anally retarded
:?
I wouldn't object to a password. As a recently created semi-member, I feel compelled to push for exclusivity, before more people like me are let in.
Quote:at one point "thequeen" got damaged
this seems to be an arising theme for queen posts. :?:
Greg what does this mean? :?:
Perhaps Greg has developed enemies. Maybe he pissed someone off. The movie business is wrought with danger. So is the forum business for that matter. Could be that someone was seeking revenge of some sort. Like pumping round after round from a gas powered semi-automatic rifle. Maybe they sent some spirit guides in to put a monkey wrench in the system. Ofcourse that is all idle speculation. Maybe it is all just coincidence. After all we know there could be some crazed son of bitch out there. Some one who has lost touch with reality, with the concept of right and wrong. A sociopath, or maybe a psychopath. It could be that this person was pushed over the edge by something.

Well we can only guess. But I would worry about all that. I would take a bullet for you Greg. As the forumn leader/creator/architect we have to protect you.
I am Mr. Politeness incarnate. They call me go along get along Greg. I am open to suggestions and I love to hear people's opinions. Is that the kind of atmosphere that would demand retribution? I don't think so. :finga:
like, where's the old forum. i was trying to remember where i've been for that 'best of' thread and it's offline. way bummer man.
It's there. You just can access any of the posts. Okay. It says there are over three thousands posts but when you go to read them, they are gone . . . .
but i don't see anything in the index. come on, greg, that's my long term memory you got stored there. how can i possibly complete my 'best of 2005' list without it? is this when you nail us with subscription charges?