Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aquaman
(04-26-2019, 11:06 AM)Greg Wrote: But it's that hyper lapse style that is annoying me now that it is overused.

Steer clear of Bollywood.  They hyperlapse everything. Between that an gratuitous slo-mo, that sums up Bollywood cinematography.  

It's technically challenging for fight choreo tho.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Honestly, all I remember from Aquaman was there was this:

[Image: tumblr_pow3ylyXvE1wsmkc2o3_400.gif?resiz...C200&ssl=1]

...then there was some other stuff...

then more of this

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=12682321]

One of my cousins just got a photo with Nicole.  She was just here for some conference. That cousin is a doctor and they were both in classy gowns. I'm soooooooooooo jealous. I want a pic with Nicole with us both in classy gowns.   Blush
What about the Widow? Or Bobi Draper?
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

The Widow was cancelled. CANCELLED! That’s going to hurt for a long long time.

I’m surprised you didn’t crap on Amber’s Aqua-redhead-scarjo-wannabe. Oh wait, which widow did you mean?

And who the heck is Bobi again?

I iz confuzzled
That movie is a long way away.

I just saw part of this the other day. Greg pretty much summed it up. The best part was the Pitbull song that has part of Toto's "Africa" in it.
the hands that guide me are invisible

Yet another teaser trailer, which is basically a trailer for a trailer...
DC continues to be in trouble.

This trailer does not banish my misgivings.

(10-17-2021, 07:14 AM)Greg Wrote: That movie is a long way away.

And here we are. 

Once again, DC tries to emulate the MCU formula but James Wan doesn’t get away with it this time - it’s arguable if he did last time. There’s a lot of world building and some good effects, but it’s really flat - and we saw it in 3D. Momoa does what he always does. He gets peed on several times but it could’ve been more. He has a genetically enhanced octopus that makes R2D2BB8Chopper sounds (there’s also a random cantina scene (Wan is such a poacher). Nicole & Amber are barely more than cameos (Nicole’s digitized face is weird and I can’t I imagine Amber taking a dump in the bed). The buddy BROmance of Momoa & Patrick lacks chemistry. The cgi un-buffing of Patrick was amazingly convincing - some of the other underwater digi not so much. Randall Park plays the same character he Alesha’s does and Dolph looks old and uncomfortable. Temuera is cool as always, but there’s not much of him. Yahya’s Black Manta - well something black villains facing mostly white heroes bugs me. The Lost World is steampunk/lovecraft/capt.nemo and the over arching message is about climate change plus there’s lots of tentacles - all things I usually endorse but it still misses. 

We didn’t get comped cocktails but we did get inflatable tridents. 

Not D00M recommended.

I did have a lovely dinner at the ramen shop adjacent to the theater. Agadashi tofu & kaki fry wonderfully prepared. The matcha tea wasn’t worth it, but the rest was delicious.
(12-21-2023, 01:02 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: There’s a lot of world building and some good effects, but it’s really flat - and we saw it in 3D. 

Variety said essentially the same thing in their review. I should write for them.

If only…
I waded into this mess. They were all acting like they were in different movies, especially Mamoa. Does Aquaman usually have that much juvenile humor. There was a lot of talk about how little Amber Herd was in the movie, especially from Amber Herd. The climate change message was so overdone. According to Mamoa, most of the story came from him so I blame him.

I could go on. But it's all just poorly done. Skip this.

What part of ‘Not D00M recommended’ did you miss? I jumped on this grenade and you’re like ‘lemme jump on it too?’ I hope you suffered. And now I know who needs my inflatable trident…

And why do you persist on spelling it Mamoa? It’s the mammaries, isn’t it? Momoa gotz bigger mammaries than many women I know.