Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cobra Kai
"Euphoria: Kobra Kai with titties"
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

(07-23-2022, 02:31 PM)Greg Wrote: "Euphoria: Kobra Kai with titties"
[Image: terry-silver-terry-silver-cobra-kai.gif]

Guess who just got invited to the virtual press junket with all of the cast. Screeners coming...
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
The Yeti?

He sleeps til noon. Lazy artiste.
My screener section is active now but the only ep available is S4E8. I'm hoping that's just a placeholder for some S5 goodness. 

The virtual press junket is Friday.
Screeners unlocked. Looks like the whole season.

Guess what I'm doing tonight.
Lying down and medicating your shoulder?

That too...
6 eps deep (9 total). Two of my predictions published with Den came true, one of which I predicted back in s3. That one took me a sec to put together but it’s quite good how it’s played out. I’m pleased I was right. Yay me.

The eps are still like a half hour and very bingeable - the eps are paced for those end-of-ep cliffhangers. The Mexico arc is a bit distracting and resolves in just a few eps. It’s all about Silver getting into Daniel’s head again, which he does with psycho panache. 

In e2, we see Silver’s sword room, which is a bit lame because the katanas are blade down (meaning house of peace) and the two handers remind me of some Oscar pieces we carried at AFS. Also Silver handles the katana improperly when showing it off.

It doesn’t hit its stride until e3 and the Mexico arc is over. This season is going for more heartfelt moments - some work well - karate wisdom dropping. I did get the feels a few times.

It could be funnier. The humor isn’t as strong as previous seasons.

The fight choreo is ok. Ralph still can’t sell a punch but the rest are okay. The fights are more staged - one strike one shot but it works okay for this.

The way the characters are reintroduced is surprising sometimes (especially cameo 2). 

Liking it overall but this season doesn’t seem as strong - mostly I feel the decrease
(08-09-2022, 09:25 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: The virtual press junket is Friday.

It's actually two Fridays away. I misread the invite. That gives me a lot more breathing room this week.
E9 unlocked. I don’t think that was the finale. I think they only gave me the first 9 and there’s more. It ended on a cliffhanger but every ep does - that’s what makes it so bingeable. But it felt like the climax was still building for a major finale.

This season went for the feels. There were many bonding moments and self revelations amongst the characters. Some really well played scenes by almost all of the leads. Everyone gets their power drama scene. Some get several. There’s a lot of heartfelt scenes for our beloved characters. Many hatchets are buried as the cast solidifies under a commons foe.

Silver is great - such a sociopath - and there’s a new villain. Johnny & Chozen are on pointe. Amanda & Carmen are too hawt for their men. All the kids are alright. Ultimately it could use more comedy. It has its moments, but never quite comes up to speed with the funny stuff. 

Fight choreo is okay. One strike one cut. It pales compared to some of the previous one-er fights but it does the job. 

Still enjoyable. D00M recommended.

My virtual press junket is Friday

Participating Talent
Ralph Macchio & William Zabka (paired) - 20 MINS
Xolo Maridueña**, Jacob Bertrand, Gianni DeCenzo, Mary Mouser, & Peyton List (grouped) - 20 MINS
Dallas Dupree Young, Oona O'Brien & Griffin Santopietro (grouped) - 15 MINS
Thomas Ian Griffith (solo) - 15 MINS
Does that mean you get twenty minutes with Ralph and William? Or are you part of a group that gets twenty minutes?

(08-11-2022, 11:18 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: E9 unlocked. I don’t think that was the finale. I think they only gave me the first 9 and there’s more. 

E10 revealed itself in my screener queue. Now that was a finale episode. It's almost solid fight scenes. Decent stuff. This Cobra Kai chapter closes and the next one is set up. 

Cobra Kai never dies.
In the virtual waiting room for the press conference

It's a round table - I hate round tables.

Dallas Dupree Young, Oona O'Brien & Griffin Santopietro

Dallas is cool, a very engaged actor. Oona is charming and one to watch. Griffin is kinda meh like his character Anthony.

I got off three questions. My last one got a rise out of all the talent so that was cool.

Now I'm in another waiting room for 50 mins.  50 mins? srsly?!?

Not sure who's up next...

Damn - a news agency from Argentina just chimed in. They got a whole crew on this and are having some tech issues.

The round tables are 7 reporters and we each take turn in a pre-selected order. I'm now with 20 people in the 'breakout' room, where we wait to be assigned to the actual interview rooms. Everything is carefully moderated. It's very amusing to see the rooms of the other reporters...