Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Award Show Thread
(03-28-2022, 08:52 AM)Greg Wrote: Jamie Lee Curtis

She killed it in EEAAO.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I was not paying that much attention and didn't realize it was a slap and not a punch. I was doing the crossword and looked up just as it ended, and it looked like a weak gut punch, hence my comment above. I guess Will Smith's best performance was the speech and not the movie.

The only movie I had seen was Dune. As usual, a lot of them seemed to have some serious overacting. And did the deaf guy get it this year because the deaf guy lost last year, like with Del Toro?

I wonder if Latino and Asian actors were pissed that they were mostly ignored, even though they make up far more of the population than black people. On Instagram, Michael Che posted #OscarsTooBlack.
the hands that guide me are invisible
Hopefully my machinations with the local theater will get them to bring EEAAO to Oakhurst.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

The distribution is going wider this weekend, thanks to the critical success its getting.

Oops. Is this the wrong thread to post this?
Our historians will curse our names constantly as they try to ferret out all the different through lines strewn about this forum.

Yeah, like when one of us becomes super famous, and an unauthorized biographer discovers this treasure trove of dirt, and starts digging only to find a convoluted mess of entanglements, well, that'll show him. Or her. That biographer. 

When one of us becomes super famous...

I must say, there's some pretty funny memes floating around out there about the slap. It has brightened my otherwise dreary Monday. 

If it was staged, as some have postulated (everything is fake news now, right?), it was the best bit of theater that the Academy has produced ever.
I'm going with real slap. The crowd was too shook. Smith was legitimately angry yelling at Rock after he had returned to his seat.

But much like the Christine Lahti bathroom incident at the Golden Globes years ago, we'll be talking about this for years to come.

I'm getting confused between Rock and The Rock.

Somebody was fast with the domain name:

https://www.slapchris.com

--tg
Nobody is slapping *The* Rock.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
I know, right?!? I was like "Will Smith must be crazy!"

--tg
Oddly I’ve been thinking about alopecia recently. After hearing about this, I was wracking my brains to remember what made me think of that. I thought of former AFS comrade Joe Manzano and of Bald Eagle - Kung Fu villain Ji Chunhua. But no. Then I remembered a new student at the academy is bald without eyebrows and I was wondering if he suffered this disease. 

But for a while I thought I had a vision. A random unless vision but I’ll take what I can get.
I think she's probably lying about that. She might have some hair thinning, but I've seen people with alopecia and they had bare skin patches (and sometimes no eyebrows). She has even stubble all over her head.

Vin Diesel might try to slap The Rock.
the hands that guide me are invisible
(03-29-2022, 05:42 AM)King Bob Wrote: Vin Diesel might try to slap The Rock.

Everyone in the WWE would love to slap the Rock again, and hit him with a folding chair, and pile drive him from the top turnbuckle, but there’s no way the Rock would go back there now, not with the cheddar he’s pulling in. He probably doesn’t even wish his former wrasslin comrades HBD on FB anymore.
It's all about the cheese...

--tg
(03-29-2022, 06:40 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: Everyone in the WWE would love to slap the Rock again, and hit him with a folding chair, and pile drive him from the top turnbuckle...
And dive-bomb him from a towering stepladder.  Let's not forget the stepladders.
I'm nobody's pony.