Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
Good plan. Best to just stay off the net entirely for the next few days...

Tara is going to see it again tomorrow. She's coming down to the Cruz and gathering all her old high school buddies and making them go to support this film. She'll go a third time with Bri, who has already started classes at Hastings. She's really into this one. I am too, but I've got other distractions before I get back to it. 

My plate?  Well, I could use another serving of nachos. No rest for the wicked...
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Greg

DO NOT WATCH THIS UNTIL LABOR DAY

YOU"RE TRYING TO RUIN THIS!
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

It’s my job

No really. This is how I earn my bread now.
YOUR BREAD IS BUILT ON A THRONE OF LIES!

What's the difference between your job and earning your bread? Seems like those would be the same..

Unless it's your job TO RUIN THINGS!

Damn this internet! Just stumbled across another spoiler. Again, probably be best if I didn't go to a web page called Morning Spoilers.

Plans are now afoot to play hooky and go to a showing today at 12:15....

Done. Why did they thank Ralph Machio in the credits?

(09-03-2021, 02:42 PM)Greg Wrote: Done. Why did they thank Ralph Machio in the credits?

Srsly? That’s your DOOM review?
It's a valid question that I bet you can't answer, Mr. Insider.

I can answer eventually. All good things in all good time...
I'm not going to say it was great. I liked it a whole lot more than The Suicide Squad. I thought the first act was awesome. I thought the 2nd and 3rd Acts were kind of flat. I'd give the specific breaks were it changed but they would be spoilers. The coda was awesome. 

What is the relationship between Katy and Shang-Chi? Is it supposed to be hero and side-kick? Lovers? Just friends? If it's the middle option, I'm not buying it. I don't think Simu's journey of coming into his own was all that dramatic. It is funny that Marvel movies now have this stacking sequence were you see the hero as a child, a teen and then a young adult all in quick succession to show the journey.

The movie did go to a lot of surprising places that I did not see coming which was good. 

Does anyone know where the 10 rings come from and what powers they are supposed to give to the wearer? Are they just one of the infinity stones in jewelry form?

I find it interesting that the female characters run all the illegal operations in the MCU.

We can talk at detail later.

I just read your Kung Fu Den of Geek article. That helped a lot. I thought the skyscraper fight scenes was a homage to JC when I saw it, too.

Ha. I'm reading an article about things you might have missed in Shang-Chi. I noticed most of them. But the best was the author saying the 9-Tailed Fox was probably based on the Pokemon character rather than, I don't know, one of the most famous creatures of Chinese Legend.....

Ha. Please forward that to me.

Thanks! Funny that the author messed up the 9 tail fox but got the DiJiang. I’ve been trying to figure that one out and that’s a solid lead.

Mondo Cozmo - wannabe Edge guitarist. Not bad tho.

There’s a huge cloud of fire smoke from outside the venue.