Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man at Arms: Art of War
[Image: 9f2e106accd2418fc8d63411fbb00aff.gif]
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Well crap. My mom’s xfinity only has season 1.

So can one of you DOOM brothers help a brother out and rip me a dvd of s2e1? I’ll be your bff. Greg? Ed? Puh-leeeeeeeease?
Aren't you the guy who's been flipping me off for the last week?

Plus, I don't know how to get it off my DVR.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

(10-10-2018, 06:24 AM)Greg Wrote: Aren't you the guy who's been flipping me off for the last week?

Blush

(10-10-2018, 06:24 AM)Greg Wrote: Plus, I don't know how to get it off my DVR.

srsly?  you just lost a boatload of video wizard cred.   Confused
Maybe you could have your in-house video guy get it?

[Image: giphy.gif]
So I did reach out to the president and one of the main content people in El Rey about VRV.  The content developer didn't know.  The president hasn't gotten back to me yet but he's been very obliging so far, so I'm really curious about his reaction.

I had this idea of going down to my local sports bar and seeing if they get El Rey and would let me have access to one of the TVs tonight.  But I got lazy.  I might still stop by.  Are Thursday nights big sports nights now?  Greg?  Promise I won't flip you off for a bit, at least not in the next post or two.
(10-11-2018, 03:54 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote:   Greg?  Promise I won't flip you off for a bit, at least not in the next post or two.
Finally, some civility.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-buzz-24840-1370287119-18...ality=auto]
I'm nobody's pony.
From El Rey's president about VRV:
Quote:[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.9)]We are in talks for them to air Season 2 as well. However, it would not be on the service for at least 3 months. Our cable partners have an exclusive window for the content to air on El Rey first.[/color]

Angry

I just cancelled my VRV.

Sleepy
I guess I'll go watch tonight's episode of Man at Arms. Should be a good one.

(10-11-2018, 05:51 PM)Greg Wrote: I guess I'll go watch tonight's episode of Man at Arms. Should be a good one.

Restraining finger with all my might
(10-11-2018, 05:51 PM)Greg Wrote: I guess I'll go watch tonight's episode of Man at Arms. Should be a good one.

So how was it?  I'm not a Game of Thrones fan.  I think that would be like heroin for me - if I got a taste, I've have to go on an epic binge.  I'm waiting for some time when I'm laid up with the flu or something to open that Pandora's box.  We filmed that episode towards the end of the shoot and I didn't really tune in to that.  I did hang out with the Ironsides (Janeal was the armored giantess featured last night).  They were really fun and I learned a lot about the state of HEMA etc from them.  

I'm thinking of shifting my night at my mom's to Thursdays just to tune in.  That's a bit of an awkward day for me schedule-wise, but I used to go over there back when Flying 5 Finger 1 Armed 8 Pole Shaolin Exploding Death Touch Thursdays were happening on El Rey.  I'm eager to see next week's ep, even though I'm not in it again.  It's got a very cool guest master.  Cool
To be honest, I only watched a few seconds. If there isn't any DM, there isn't any me.

I can't even react to that.  

Huh
So I had it all set up this week to stay at my mom's tomorrow and finally catch Man at Arms.  There was even two episodes listed a few days ago - Ep 2 & 3 - so I could almost catch up.  Then El Rey switches Man at Arms to Wednesday night - tonight.  I can't be at my mom's tonight.  Tonight would've been Katie's 40th, so we're doing a wake of sorts for her up in West Oakland (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...p?tid=4653).  FML.

I'm trying to RIDE WITH EL REY but they keep kicking me to the curb.   Sad