Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man at Arms: Art of War
Another DOOM EYES ONLY for now.

Just got word - season 2 is green lit.

Best Xmas gift so far.

Previous thread for archival sake: http://brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/s...p?tid=4007
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Woo-effing-hoo
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Hah!  I've been in withdrawal, badly in need of my power hammer fix.  Congrats, DM!
I'm nobody's pony.
Very nice!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
I guess we maintain our subscription to the extra channels that include El Rey, then!
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
I let go of Sling.  I'll have to reapply when this comes around again.
(12-26-2017, 12:02 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: I let go of Sling.  I'll have to reapply when this comes around again.

Ditto.  If there's no DM, there's no Sling.
I'm nobody's pony.
The nice thing about Sling is it's easy enough to quit and re-register.  

Meanwhile, I've been trying to figure out how to dupe the episodes that I'm in onto a DVD.  I've had a lot of requests and El Rey is pretty possessive of its properties, so there's nothing available to cast.  However, they did send me an awesome coffee mug for Kaiju Xmas, so it's all good.  I RIDE WITH EL REY.
Official announcement just released:

Quote:El Rey Network Greenlights Second Season Of ‘Man At Arms: Art Of War’
Danny Trejo To Return As Host1/14/2018 3:30 PM

[/url]

[url=http://www.multichannel.com/prfeed/el-rey-network-greenlights-second-season-man-arms-art-war/417495#]
S

Austin, TX – El Rey Network has greenlit the original unscripted series “Man at Arms: Art of War” for a second season with the incomparable Danny Trejo returning as host.  The renewal was announced today by El Rey Network President and GM Daniel Tibbets. The second season will continue the collaboration between El Rey Network and DEFY Media, the digital media company that created the digital series “Man at Arms”.  The series moves to ten episodes and will debut in the second half of 2018.
“’Man at Arms: Art of War’ has been a terrific addition to El Rey Network’s original programming slate.  Our audience really responded to this exploration and celebration of craftsmanship, history and strength,” said Tibbets.  “Season 1 expanded the universe of the digital series and season 2 will truly test the limits of the team of expert craftsmen.” 
In each episode of “Man at Arms”, a team of expert craftsmen skillfully reproduce iconic weapons and armor from scratch, using the technology that would have been available at the time such weapons and armor were originally created, as well as state-of-the-art technologies beyond the original forgers’ wildest imaginations.  The builders create historical, modern, and mythological works of martial art. Each masterwork is then tested by experts for its strength and real-world functionality. Whether it slices, shoots, smashes, stabs, blocks, parries, or disarms, viewers will get a first-hand look at what kind of force each marvelous masterpiece can unleash
You definitely in? Is Crystal? Do you have her phone number?
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
The showrunner has called me several times in prep. We haven’t closed a deal yet but it seems pretty firm.

I don’t have Crystals digits but I got her on so many social mediums and we’ve exchanged some PMs. Who calls on the phone anymore?
I was just looking over my contract from last time. Turns out I’m signed for 6 cycles with a built in raise. El Rey retains the option to keep me. So never mind what I said earlier. I have a verbal from the show runner so it looks pretty firm. But you know how these things go. I’ll be more confident when I’m on set. And there’s still that dread cutting room floor where my weapon test and hosting segment wound up. Fingers crossed.
History channel picked up season 1. History channel Mexico, that is. We were all dubbed into Spanish, including Danny, Marko & Crystal who all speak Spanish. Y mi tambien! My Spanish dubbed didn’t quite capture my dulcet whiskey soaked tones though. 
I hope they dub the Spanish version back into English so that we can watch it too.
I'm nobody's pony.
SpaceX Falcon 9 boosts Spanish communications satellite into space
I watched this launch a few hours ago, rooting it all the way into geosynchronous orbit.

Knowing that it will be beaming DM, Mexican style, to all four corners of the globe.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/spacex-falc...nto-space/
I'm nobody's pony.