Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laurie Anderson
Also a re-release (possibly limited, vinyl?) of Big Science - here's a nice piece about the album by Margaret Atwood.
the hands that guide me are invisible
3 posts up, bro.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Looks like I missed that one. Or might have refused to read that tiny print.
There should be some kind of penalty. Like now you have to watch The CW’s Kung Fu
(04-12-2021, 05:24 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: There should be some kind of penalty. Like now you have to watch The CW’s Kung Fu

Geneva Convention, my friend. Nice try, though, you cruel bastard!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
(04-12-2021, 09:16 PM)Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote: Geneva Convention, my friend. Nice try, though, you cruel bastard!

Compassion means to share suffering. Share my pain, brothers. SHARE IT!!!
I don't think Compassion is in the Doom charter.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

(04-13-2021, 05:40 AM)Greg Wrote: I don't think Compassion is in the Doom charter.

I misread this at a glance as "I don't think Compassion is in the Doom crater."
I'm nobody's pony.
To be fair, Compassion isn't in the Doom crater, either.

And a krater is a Greek drinking vessel, and there's no compassion in the Doom krater either.
Science! Knowledge!

This is starting to remind me of a live talk I heard with Laurie in SF many years ago. I can't remember who the interviewer was but it was someone noted. Laurie was talking about Parrots and the interviewer misheard her and thought she said 'pirate' and she just ran with it, riffing on parrots and pirates in that brilliant way she talks about stuff. It was impressive improv. That interviewer was so confused. 

I've been trying to make Kraken Krater Crater Charter into a band name but it isn't quite flowing. 

And the 2nd ep of Kung Fu is tomorrow. Come on guys. You don't want to fall too far behind.
You go ahead, DM. I'm sure we will all catch up......

So, the next Doom Christmas Gift will be the official Doom Charter Crater Krater with Kraken Bas Relief?

Thread Hijacking Accomplishment: Unlocked.

(04-13-2021, 01:28 PM)Greg Wrote: You go ahead, DM. I'm sure we will all catch up......

It's the bed I have made. Now I must lie in it... 

...alone...

[Image: 1dcd7eee-6735-4ccb-8d73-ee6e9a9c6f43_text.gif]