Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
So much pisses me off nowadays. I missed an exit when I was buying my mom a new garden hose and got so pissed. 

I’ve pitched 3 more pieces to Den beyond the interview with the director. All have been green lit. Yay. My interview with the director is next week.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Excellent.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

I'm excited. These will all be fun to write. Deep in my wheelhouse. 

Now to try to find some Destin Daniel Cretton flicks.
Dammit! I've now come across a spoiler. Serves me right for reading a blog called Morning Spoilers. Yes, DM, it was a Red Carpet interview that should have been kept secret.

I hate love to say I told ya so.
You know my feelings about you.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.com%2Fimage...f=1&nofb=1]

I finished the quickie pieces on Sonny Chiba and Money Heist. Now I'm going back to the Shang-Chi world, which is where I'll be spending my weekend.
There sure seem to be a lot of Shang Chi reviews out there. Are you on hold until the movie drops?

Technically I'm out from beneath my NDA which means I can drop spoilers like mad.

I'm not doing a standard review for Den. I assume they have someone else tasked for that. I've got the interview in a bit and some focus features.
In another virtual waiting room. Someone just got sent to Simu's room. Not me. I'm going to Destin's room.

Well that was quick. Not my best interview. Not enough time. Plus Destin isn't a quick talker so I didn't get to all my questions. But he's sharp naturally as most of the directors that I've gotten to interview have been and I got a laugh out of him with my question about when he's going to direct the next Captain Marvel film.
I just got contacted by Canadian Broadcasting Corporation's Day 6 weekly radio program. They asked me to be a guest talking head (or mouth since it's radio) regarding this. Not a paid appearance. I'm not at that level....not yet. 

Looks like it's going to work out. It's been a bit since I've been on radio. 

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/day6
Let the spoilers loose!

Congratulations, Talking Head!

Hold your congrats until it happens. The last year plus has made skeptical of the future in every respect.

The broadcast will allegedly air on Saturday. Assuming it does, I'm going to post it up on my blog like the social media shameless self promoting slut that I am. Don't judge. It's how I stay afloat as a freelancer in the covid daze.

Once that goes live, let the heaping of congrats begin!
No congrats for me. Those Canucks decided to go another direction and booted me off. 

Yesterday's pre-interview didn't go well. The interviewer went in a lot of obtuse directions. He was fixated on the Mandarin in the comics, which I don't know that much about. I erred in bringing up Ming the Merciless and his baldness, because he was picking at Fu Manchu and the Mandarin, when I should've focused upon the Fu Manchu stache & goatee. Plus he mentioned some random scene in Iron Man 3 which I had forgotten (or maybe it was a test I failed). 

Bummer. Moving on.

One of my Den articles dropped today. I imagine the other will drop soon. And there's a panel coming up too. Then I'll have more pieces for the D+ release hopefully.
No Soup for you! Bummer. Should have brought in Patricky as your wing-man. But isn't your plate pretty full?

i'm not reading anything your or anybody else wrote about Shang Chi until after the weekend.