Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Dead
On the way out, I helped a deadhead from SoCal jump start his car. He was grateful and gave me a nice joint. 

I was wired from the night all the way home. Still wired but I took some sedatives.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
One more Saturday night.

I bailed on Kung Fu because it took me an hour and a half to retrieve my e-ticket for tomorrow.

Shakedown st is massive - takes up all of pier 48 warehouse and all the surrounding sidewalks. I was gifted another pin.
About to undertake a covert mission to get Dr David Smith (one of our founders) wheelchaired in. Barf bucket Bob is his chauffeur and a person non gratis here because he stole the sacred door.
Yay! Pizza!

Got invited to an afterparty at the Fillmore but I don’t think I have the stamina…

Good times roll

Bucket

Hurts me too

Jack straw

Missed something on a snipe hunt

Cassidy
They love each other

>lovelight

Gotta be careful visiting friends in the crowd. They stuff me with drugs.

DEAL
Ok now
Mayer killed that. 

Playing

Back in the space w/another tripper

Terrapin in the background…
How long are the solos?
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Shroom d00m

I lost count. There was me, Lynn (a wharf rat & old friend), & Steven (developing padawan). We were on fire! So many shroomers. I lost the rest of the set - there was a terrapin and a morning dew but I didn’t get out until it was long over. 

My fav ep - a dude who looked like a sweatier Russell Brand is on a major trip. Russell shows me a wad of shrooms thick as a coffee cup - so fat that I caught a buzz just looking at it. We reunite him with his gf, who looks like Drew Barrymore only with a face unparalyzed by addiction. She’s very supportive. He claims he collects vintage T-shirts and wants to gift me one as a thank you. 
Russell ‘I’ll hook you up! What year were you born?’
Dm ‘1964’
…silence…
Drew ‘well I didn’t see that coming…’
Dm ‘?’
Drew ‘I was expecting you to say 80s or 90s…’
Okay, fair, it was dark (low talkdown mood lighting, but I’m gonna hood on to that one. Ah, how the deadheads make me feel young again.

One more Saturday night…
Brother Legbone is with me. I put him on yesterday. He wouldn’t have wanted to miss this…
(07-15-2023, 09:43 PM)Greg Wrote: How long are the solos?

No solos. Everyone is playing in the band.

The jams are long tho.

I’m back in shakedown st - might get Yukz a new collar. He appreciates the dead. 

Going to a party at some good friends’ apt in a bit for a preparty dinner.
Stay hydrated

--tg

[Image: 680709]
In the house 
In the seat
“9

Bertha>good lovin

Loset

Hi time

Sam & d
Althea
Fantasy > Jude
Birdsong
Help>slip>Frank
Right when I got my help shirt
Estimated
>eyes, & so on & so on. I suspect only KB & tg might be able to decode deadhead notation. It’s more for my benefit.

It was a great final run for Dead & Co. There’s just nothing like the massiveness of stadium dead music. I’m so grateful that I’ve be able to experience the dead, that I was alive when they were at their peak. 

E: Truckin, Brokedown, NFA.

Got home safely. The driving was the easiest part oddly.