The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1640 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1640 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 915 buildtree

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROCK MED
I had to recert today.  It occured to me that I've certed over 16 times now at least - every 2 years and in so many circumstances.  i recert at Defib This on the mall - great facility, very pro and efficient.  They meet AHA standards just enough and cut the BS.

AHA requires everyone have an up-to-date textbook (to make more money). I couldn't find mine from last time so I borrowed one from a RM instructor friend.  It was a pro teaching book.  Defib let me borrow one of theirs, just in case, but it was in espanol.  No matter, they don't use it. It's available for the open book exam, but I figured I could pass without it.  I did reference it on a few questions, just to be sure.

The instructor was very Cruz, a rescue swimmer who just got back from Tahoe and was clearly hungover.  That worked to our advantage because there was even less BS.  We just got it done.  And when it came to answering questions, he was totally on point.  Nice kid, much smarter than he looked, but hard to judge when he's all hungover.

The multi-choice 25 question exam was harder than I anticipated because I haven't taken an exam like that since...well since my last recert.  I studied psych of testing as an undergrad and started to overthink it.  Missed two questions, which I felt a tad ashamed by, but that's a pass and who cares really?

I strolled the mall after to shop for a CNY care package that I'm sending to Tara.  Has lunch at the new N'awlins place off Abbot Square, Roux Dat.  First time. So good! Highly recommended if you like creole cuisine.  I'm going to try everything I can eat on the menu.  Lots of shrimp & catfish.  

It's been a lovely Saturday today.  Cool
Shadow boxing the apocalypse

Messages In This Thread