Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Award Show Thread
The biggest revelation I received from this is how much Jada has cheated on Will and how they now have an open marriage.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

(03-29-2022, 07:30 AM)thatguy Wrote: It's all about the cheese...

TRUTH!
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Oscars 2023 was lit. So happy two films that I championed last year did well. It was strangely emotional for me - I didn't realize I was so attached. 

Watching it over social media sucked when I thought I was going to watch it on my TV, but I got some work done while I was waiting for the next post/tweet.
That was a very entertaining show. I'm glad I saw the movie that won all the awards. I think I need to see All Quiet on the Western Front now, as well. The show started here in Madera County with an alert from the Emergency Broadcast system. It cut into about three minutes of Jimmy's monologue. And I must say, Kimmel did a pretty good job. I usually don't care for him very much, too snide, but I think he got the memo to tone that down a bit. He also had the best line of the night. At the end of the show, after making copious 'the show is long' jokes, he said thank you for watching and now we join Good Morning America already in progress.
Brendan Fraser had a very emotional speech for his win. So, too, did Ke Huy Quan.
It was a good evening of television.

The meanest comment of the night came from the winner for best editor who said "This is only my second film"

It was strangely emotional for me, not just because I'm a huge fan of EEAAO, Michelle & Jamie Lee, but the whole Asian representation thing hit home. Unsurprisingly, I'm on a lot of Asian social media and seeing the reactions of Asian friends and celebrities was heartwarming. 

A very entertaining Oscars. A good redemption after 'the slap'. 

And I'll note that I can't even think of the Oscars without imagining tQ making Gwyneth cry. That thought warms the heart of my cockles. GOOP my arse.
I didn't know there was any pushback against Mr. Yen. But I am seeing people are upset that Jamie Lee Curtis won over Viola Davis. It can't be unexpected. Ms. Curtis has picked up a lot of awards this awards season.

It was a very entertaining show, especially when you could fast forward through the commercials and the speeches by the governing board.

And what the hell is "Triangle of Sadness"?

Here's some Yen pushback - https://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/sho...ost1324447

As for Viola, while I don't quite agree with KB, I do think he's on to something here:

(03-03-2023, 05:53 PM)King Bob Wrote: I'm sick of Viola Davis. She takes herself WAY too seriously.
On the flip side, I can't comprehend the crap she has to go through.

Wait a second! Li Jing worked on EEAAO? I made a film with her.

At least the song from RRR won - about the only time I can remember a good song winning. Lady Gaga's song was terrible, and she was hamming it up like crazy.
the hands that guide me are invisible
Lady Gaga was still better than David Byrne.

Yes, that song was terrible. And I didn't remember it from the movie at all.
the hands that guide me are invisible
(03-13-2023, 10:35 AM)Greg Wrote: Wait a second! Li Jing worked on EEAAO? I made a film with her.

She was Michelle’s Shifu in the Kung Fu universe. I’m surprised you didn’t notice as she has such a distinctive face.

I didn’t remember any of the movie songs except for Rihanna’s. I couldn’t repeat a single verse from Naatu Naatu but I remember that dance. I doubt I have the agility to do that dance anymore however.