Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Podcasts
Might need a new forum, but I can do posts here for now.

Revolutionary Ireland: About 40 podcast of a half hour in length. First two episodes give a quick overview of the history leading up the 1916 Uprising.

I'm listening to a podcast called Revolutionary Ireland. The podcast covers the years from the time of the Irish Uprising on Easter Sunday in 1916 through the war for Independence and ends with the Irish Civil War around 1922. The show might be a bit too detailed for some. For instance on episode about the Easter Sunday proclamation, they went into the difficulties of getting the right type to print the bulletin and how many different 'e' letters they needed to use.

But I post this here because my mind is still boggling about the death of Kevin Barry. He was 18 and one of the first men killed in the resumption of hostilities in 1919. The bit of the story that gets me going is how this young man planned his time. Despite being a revolutionary he was also at University College Dublin studying medicine. On the day he was captured, he figured he would go a raid to get some guns in the morning and when that was over, he would attend his classes in the afternoon at UCD.

Yes, the Irish are crazy.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm