Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sick Puppy by Carl Hiassen
As someone else in the house was on a brief Hiassen kick and I'm always grateful for a paperback I haven't read yet, I got hooked on the hero of Skinny Dip and Skin Tight. Love that Mick Stranahan; the cop who been done wrong by bad people in the system and some how gets away with killing people. Anyway, I remembered I had downloaded the e-book version of Sick Puppy but never read it, so I plowed through that one yesterday and today.

Like other Hiassens, very preachy and heavy on the corruption in Florida government, but I enjoyed the concept of what it might be like to have none of those pesky internal filters or inhibitions that keep you from acting against jerks, regardless of the personal cost - like running someone off the road because they dumped their trash out the car window. And I enjoyed when he wrote things from the dog's point of view.

Dr. Yeti - do you have the 12th Stephanie Plum yet??? :-)
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Yes, Oh Queen, come and gone. Check out my mini review a little farther down the que. How's the back?
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
I'm being a very good, fiscally responsible girl and waiting for paperback.

The back is a little better, thanks. Yesterday it felt almost normal - this morning it's noticable, but not bad. Heat good. Ibuprofen good. If you know any good exercises I should be doing, let me know!
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.