The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Forums
Cobra Kai - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum)
+-- Forum: Doom Arts (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Doom Streaming (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Forum: Netflix Streaming (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+----- Forum: Netflix Episodic (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+----- Thread: Cobra Kai (/showthread.php?tid=4377)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Cobra Kai - Drunk Monk - 12-11-2020

Cool. I’ll let him know. Maybe I can trade that for a link to Caught in Time.

I kept trying to register Tara to see it at one of the festivals but she kept having scheduling issues with work and school (or maybe she’s just tired of seeing her pops on TV).

RE: Cobra Kai - Drunk Monk - 12-13-2020

I got the interview recordings - wow. A dozen vids. 1 of the triple zoom screen and one of each of us individually so 4 x 3 interviews. It’s good enough quality to make a short vid, however I didn’t plan my questions for that. I pitched an idea for it nonetheless when I submitted them to be transcribed.

I rewatched a few S3 eps to fill out some notes. It’s really all about the S3 finale which is the best episode of the entire series on every level. It’s what the whole season works toward and they nail it.

RE: Cobra Kai - Greg - 12-13-2020

So, Netflix has a professional publicity unit is what you are saying.

RE: Cobra Kai - Drunk Monk - 12-13-2020

I've been doing promo interviews like this for over a decade and a half now - in person, phoners, emailers - all sorts. You want pro? Take me to Dublin. Twice.

This one really levelled up. Partly, it's due to the pandemic and the tech that ZOOM allows. I'd share the presentation, but I'm under NDA. It's really slick. I was very impressed and feeling outgunned. But I often felt so when repping KFM. Now that I'm repping Den, I've levelled up too. KFM runs ads for vanity martial arts books. Den runs ads for cars, computer companies and major insurance brands. 

I'm really hoping that SDCC 2021 happens because I hope to coattail on Den and Immortal. That'll be a whole new ballgame.

RE: Cobra Kai - Drunk Monk - 12-14-2020

I got my transcriptions back. They totally short sheeted me on my final interview with Xolo and Tanner (Miguel and Robby). They were supposed to give me three warnings, a 2 min, a 1 min and a wrap but I never got a 1 min. At the time, I didn't think much of it but now I can see they called a wrap at the 1 min mark because that interview is so much shorter. 

Nevertheless, I have what I need now for the articles. I'm not confident that it's vid worthy - it would take a lot of vision from Den's vid editor. 

Now to bang these pieces out.

RE: Cobra Kai - Drunk Monk - 12-15-2020

(12-09-2020, 09:07 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: What part of 'spoils' did you not understand?

This has already been spoiled. From the previous spoiler. 

RE: Cobra Kai - Greg - 12-15-2020

Yeah, I'm not looking.

fair

I wouldn't either. Now you feel me on The Mandalorian.

But there's things! And you were the only one onboard with me

I'll get there. Patience. 

Besides, we all got The Expanse next week. Really looking forward to that. I've been deep in the Cobra hole, rewatching eps to fill out my articles.

I'm behind on that one. I'm half way through the season where they go through the gate and land on the colony planet. tQ is not on board so I don't watch it until she goes out of town. So.......

Dude! It's so good.

And Frankie Adams is hawt.

RE: Cobra Kai - Drunk Monk - 12-16-2020

(12-16-2020, 10:52 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: I find myself in this strange position where I'm paid to watch stuff repeatedly - most recently, I'm deep in the Cobra Den. 

In order to write for Den, I have to be very accurate because the fandom will comment. I've been called out twice already for errors (fortunately Den is efficient at making corrections - I luv that about the web vs. print). I end up rewatching eps and content repeatedly - fast forwarding to the key quote and such - to get it right.

The other night I was rewatching an S1 ep, the one where Carmen first invites Johnny to dinner. He starts to refuse saying he has some Hot Pockets but eventually relents. On impulse, I got some Hot Pockets when shopping for my mom yesterday. I'm eating them now. 

Regrettable.

Alas, the things I do for my writing. 

I need to pay closer attention to the whiskey Daniel-san drinks in S3 instead.

RE: Cobra Kai - Greg - 12-16-2020

Are there vegetarian Hot Pockets? tQ eats them for lunch all the time.

Jim Gaffigan made a career off of Hot Pockets. I cut off the intro so you could get right to the bits.

RE: Cobra Kai - Drunk Monk - 12-16-2020

(12-16-2020, 11:25 AM)Greg Wrote: Are there vegetarian Hot Pockets? 

Sure. The cheese ones. 

(12-16-2020, 11:25 AM)Greg Wrote: tQ eats them for lunch all the time.

Regrettable 

(12-16-2020, 11:25 AM)Greg Wrote: Jim Gaffigan made a career off of Hot Pockets. I cut off the intro so you could get right to the bits.

No kidding. I'll have to check that out. I'll check that out sooner than that Trejo vid.