The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Forums
Cobra Kai - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum)
+-- Forum: Doom Arts (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Doom Streaming (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Forum: Netflix Streaming (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+----- Forum: Netflix Episodic (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+----- Thread: Cobra Kai (/showthread.php?tid=4377)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Cobra Kai - Drunk Monk - 12-09-2020

The new trailer totally spoils E4 & E5.

RE: Cobra Kai - Greg - 12-09-2020

Damit. I just watched that trailer.

RE: Cobra Kai - Drunk Monk - 12-09-2020

What part of 'spoils' did you not understand?

No worries. It doesn't spoil all of it. There are other reveals. And you probably guessed about Dee from my post, right?

RE: Cobra Kai - Greg - 12-10-2020

I had watched the trailer in another location only to come here and find out there was spoilers in it. I did not, as you suggest, ignore your spoiler warnings.

RE: Cobra Kai - Drunk Monk - 12-10-2020

fair.

They kinda gave it away with the previous trailer but that was less obvious. 

So they're giving me 4 min rounds with pairs of the talent tomorrow. 4 min? That's about enough time for 2 questions. Gotta be concise and precise. Today it's all about ciseness.

Who is considered to be the best martial artist among your fellow actors?

wut?

you mean in CK?

I would ask the actors that, not you. We know they are terrible.

Ah, I get it. Thanks but I'm not going to use that. 

I already have 6 features approved for this so my mission is to get pull quotes to fill those pieces. That's quite a spread. 4 min x 3 talent pairs = 12 mins. That means I have to nail a decent pull quote per minute to get 2 per article. Wish me luck. 

I've never dealt with such a tight time frame. Even my Den editor was like 'wth?' I think they plan to shuffle through dozens of us. I'm early in the day. I prefer to be towards the end because the interviewees have polished responses to the same old dumb questions that every reporter asks, and they're a little tired so less guarded. 

Kreese and Johnny aren't bad martial artists. Both have a background and kept their training up. KK3 had some real talent but it was arguably the worst film in the franchise (although NKK was pretty bad too). S3 milks KK & KK2 so for S4, they might be obligated to go there.

RE: Cobra Kai - Drunk Monk - 12-11-2020

Well, damn. That was intense. 

There was a hospitality ZOOM room, where we all had to wait until we were shuffled over to the interviews. There were about 20+ reporters at any given time. Most had professional gear. Several had full backdrops. There were some big names like ET and major networks, complete with dolled up interviewers, some beautiful spokeswomen all made up and in hostess gowns, a lot of dudes in baseball caps with major headphone and mike rigs (radio) and a few odd reporters like me, clearly in their home. Glad I put on a decent shirt. 

It was a lot of waiting. I got in the hospitality room at 9:30 and was there until just before noon. All for 3 4min interviews. That was enough time for about 2 questions each. There was a timer. 

There was some reporter banter. I've been in the room for those a few times before at in-person screeners. I know a few of the local SF reporters and we'd chat before the screeners. But this was levelled up. Several of the reporters were doing multiple junkets today. "Is anyone else doing Wonder Woman later today?" "Oh, that goes on all week." Yeah, I'd like to do Wonder Woman. There's got to be some Amazonian martial arts, right? 

I enjoyed talking to Ralph and William. William seems particularly cool. I only missed one key question (about Okinawa) because Ralph went on way too long. Mary was exactly how I expected. Peyton was cool - I would've liked to talk to her more. I barely got my questions off for Xolo and Jacob. Xolo was somewhat standoffish but Jacob was engaging. I think they shorted me because I only got a 2 min warning and not a 1 min one. 

I do have enough for the proposed articles without their pull quotes but the quotes sell it better.

RE: Cobra Kai - Greg - 12-11-2020

Yikes. Welcome to the Maelstrom. I want the Wonder Woman review next.

Right? 4 mins with Gal is all I'd need. Heck, with Gal, I'd be lucky to last that long. 

I should rethink my backdrop. I've been liking it because it's surreal, an odd corner of our bungalow, all white, with a lot of texture to the walls and doors. Plus the upper corner on the other side of the north chamber here lines up with my head, so there's like three lines radiating from my skull. As well there should be.

I've got a lot of nice tapestries from China. I've hung those as backdrops for close-ups before. I'd need a screen behind me. Or maybe I could hang it like a banner from the ceiling. 

Some of the more 'pro' backdrops today may well have been set up in the corner of the reporter's house. They looked like staged props that said Hollywood and such. 

Anyway, it's done. Now I'm just killing time until dinner with Daniel.

Is he coming down to the 'Cruz or are you heading to Laguna Seca? Are you going to LiveStream it? Are you going to talk about your favorite award winning documentary film maker?

He's coming here. He finishes up with his race car driving around 4 and then will hit me up on the way home. 

No live stream. I've had enough of that for the day. Might not even selfie it. We'll see how it goes. 

He called this party. Maybe he's going to offer me a part in a Hong Kong gangster film. Probably we're just going to hang and catch up.

And I'm planning on wearing my Stro mask for a conversation starter. I will definitely bring up your film. 

It might go something like this:
"My movie Caught in Time made $51M in PRC a few weeks ago."
"Cool. The doc on my fencing coach just won Best Doc at LAMP."
"Cool."

But srsly, I will bring it up. He's into swords. He'll love it.

Don't forget to tell him I got to pay for my trophy.

You're the best. If he needs a screening link, I can set him up.