The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Forums
Cobra Kai - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum)
+-- Forum: Doom Arts (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Doom Streaming (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Forum: Netflix Streaming (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+----- Forum: Netflix Episodic (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+----- Thread: Cobra Kai (/showthread.php?tid=4377)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Cobra Kai - Greg - 09-03-2020

Well, it is called Cobra Kai not Larousa Automotive Group.

RE: Cobra Kai - Drunk Monk - 09-03-2020

fair

The Cobra Kai emblems are widely available. I took a pic in front of a big one at SDCC. Now I regret not going to the panel with them there. The line was long and it was early in the event, and Tara wasn't that interested. 

I should do a Larusso Automotive Group cosplay. That would be easy. I'd just need the shirt.

And carry a bonsai tree.

RE: Cobra Kai - Drunk Monk - 09-03-2020

Yes!

Although I do identify Cobra Kai...

[Image: giphy.gif]

I found a better gif for this reply, but it would've been a bit of a spoiler for Lip. You'll see if you stick with it.

Very good.

RE: Cobra Kai - Greg - 09-04-2020

S1Ep2 We dig deeper into the current lives of Johnny and Lurusso which both have their issues. Plus, we see the current generation of soon to be Karate warriors along with very typical high school issues.

Here's the problem I see coming. Johnny is an ugly human being and you only want to watch to see if he gets some sort of redemption. But it's not going to happen because Daniel is the hero. I have to ask myself why do I want to continue to watch this if continues to just show Johnny's deplorable behavior? He's not an anti-hero. He's a villain.

RE: Cobra Kai - Drunk Monk - 09-05-2020

S2e1: victory nachos!

Major character returns.

Eps are 30 mins now. I was hoping to clear the 2 hr 20 min tonight but at 30 mins that’s 5 hrs, right?

(09-04-2020, 07:46 AM)Greg Wrote: Here's the problem I see coming. Johnny is an ugly human being and you only want to watch to see if he gets some sort of redemption. But it's not going to happen because Daniel is the hero. I have to ask myself why do I want to continue to watch this if continues to just show Johnny's deplorable behavior? He's not an anti-hero. He's a villain.

You got this wrong. Keep watching.

S2E2: A filler ep. Some silly training at both Dojos. A little progress with the returning character but not much. Totally skippable.

S2e3: Nice spin on county fair demo. I like the nerd Home Depot Lowe’s dude.

E4: All these years and Macchio still can’t sell a punch. At least Zabka took up tang soo do.

E5: Mall fight. Very high school. The fights are getting better.

E6: Best throwback Ep so far. This is why Cobra Kai works. So heartfelt even if it was predictable.

E7: More silly training. Another filler Ep.

E8: The troubled romance Ep. A filler or a set up.

Will it be a cat fight finale?

E9: same formula as last season - the peacemaker. Sets up the big fight finale when it all breaks apart.

RE: Cobra Kai - Drunk Monk - 09-06-2020

S2E10: Finale. Wow. That was amazing. Pulled out all the stops. A big fight scene - all in - replete with a complex swirling long take circumnavigating multiple duels. Very impressive. An emotional punch in the gut too where Zabka showcases his acting chops. It all comes down to this - an astonishingly strong finish with a solid tease for season 3. Struck last. Struck hard. No mercy.

RE: Cobra Kai - Greg - 09-06-2020

Okay. S1 Ep3. I see a glimmer of hope for Johnny. But everyone continues to struggle. Glad they straightened out what happened to Shue, sort of. Lots of dick jokes. Glad there is another villain in the mix in the rival car dealer. The cast list starting to fill out. More arcs are coming to the front.

During the Halloween dance episode, we had two guesses for costumes. One of us guessed shower curtain. The other guessed correctly.

RE: Cobra Kai - Drunk Monk - 09-06-2020

Get to S1E5. That's when it hit an enjoyable groove for me.

If you're not hooked, just skip to S1E9 & 10. Then make it for S2 - E6, E9 and especially E10.

RE: Cobra Kai - Greg - 09-07-2020

I guess I had already seen Ep4 since last night we saw Ep5. Nice fight. Johnny is still a dick. Daniel is a dick. Seems to be a lot of dicks in this show. Even on billboards.

Last night was extremely frustrating as our streaming was stuttering. Every four minutes or saw we did get the spinning wheel of death. It probably took about an hour to watch an episode.

Johnny teaches all the wrong lessons.

RE: Cobra Kai - Greg - 09-07-2020

Spoiler Comment about the Boys.

I just read the DoG review. Elizabeth Shue dies at the end of season one. She's got plenty of time to be in this.

RE: Cobra Kai - Drunk Monk - 09-07-2020

Aw bummer. But it's a comic-based show so Disney deaths are always in play. Thanks for reading me. 

You know, I read an episode guide for S1 of The Boys as I was working that conclusion to see if her character died but they failed to mention that. Stupik gai-de. Originally I was going to tease the return of Tamlyn Tomita too. She was good in Star Trek: Picard. At the SDCC panel (which we skipped because I hadn't seen the show at that point and didn't really care), they teased a return to Okinawa, and I was leaning there with my TKKP2 paragraph. But then I finished CK S2 and well, I won't spoil it for you. 

My original conclusion included both of Ali and Kumiko but that felt too wordy. The piece was already longer than they typically run at Den but I think they ran it in full because it got sent to a UK editor because the US editors are on holiday. KK/CK is such a rabbit hole. I could expand so many ideas in my Den piece into complete articles. 

Ali is the prize tho. Fans want to see Ali. Shue was so good in that role - way out of Macchio's league. Actually all of Daniel's romantic partners were out of his league, even his wife in CK. Honestly, I hate Daniel. He's such a dick. I get the whole underdog trip of the franchise, but it never worked for me that well. 

And as for Johnny's dickishness, well, yeah, sure. That's the martial world. So many dicks. You should know. You were the DOOM iron dick fanboy.