The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Forums
Cobra Kai - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum)
+-- Forum: Doom Arts (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Doom Streaming (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Forum: Netflix Streaming (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+----- Forum: Netflix Episodic (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+----- Thread: Cobra Kai (/showthread.php?tid=4377)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Cobra Kai - Drunk Monk - 11-10-2021

E9:
The all valley is here! A double Ep on the finale tournament. So many conflicts. Basically a solid Ep of fights. The choreo is weaker this season but the cast has gotten better. They’ve been training and it shows. Choreo is one shot one strike - a bit stiff but clean for the uninitiated. It works but nothing like the one-era of the previous 2 seasons. Ends on a cliffhanger.

E10: season finale. Holy cats. Cobra Kai does it again. A brilliant finale. Totally gripping, especially the last 10 mins. Many good twists. Got the total feels twice. And the set up for next season - so smart. 

Now to figure out some articles pitches...

RE: Cobra Kai - Drunk Monk - 11-20-2021

I just watched the season finale again because I'm working on an 'ending explained' piece for Den. 

I recant what I said about the choreo. It's pretty good. I was just hoping for another one-er - you know how I love those. The kids have been practicing enough that they can all sell a decent punch now. All the long range shots are stunt doubles, and it's still one-shot-one-strike but the dialog of combat is clear and there are even some feints, which is always refreshing. Cuz it's all about feints. 

The two scenes that gave me the feels gave me the feels again. Damn. I'm such a softy. 

This show strikes an unexpected chord in me. It's a pleasure to report on.

RE: Cobra Kai - Drunk Monk - 11-24-2021

I've been deep in the Cobra Kai zone for two weeks, crafting my Den pieces on the side. 

I still give this show my full endorsement - 100% - Cobra Kai never dies!

RE: Cobra Kai - Drunk Monk - 12-07-2021

I've been rewatching CK S4 hunting for Easter eggs. Its' still a tight little show. They pack a lot into those half hour episodes. I'm still quite entertained, especially seeing how they set up the big mcguffins - there's some sly storyline crafting and it speaks so well to the fandom. 

Ive got 3 feature for Den in the works. Two are done but I'm working to finish the Easter egg one (there aren't as many in this season - last season I did an entire article based on the Easter eggs in one single episode). I've also got a piece for YMAA in the works on this. I've written 13 features on this already. 

And now I'm wondering when that doc I was a talking head in might drop. It was supposed to be around now...

RE: Cobra Kai - Drunk Monk - 12-07-2021

Make that 4 pieces on CK for Den. I just got an interview scheduled with the creators. Anyone got any good gotcha questions I can use?

RE: Cobra Kai - Greg - 12-08-2021

How hard was it recreate the San Fernando Valley in wherever they are filming?

RE: Cobra Kai - Drunk Monk - 12-08-2021

Set builder question. A lot of it could be any town. 

But I might ask a variation of that regarding the Karate Kid set vibe. Thanks!

RE: Cobra Kai - Greg - 12-08-2021

I think the Daniel house they use is very SoCal. But the streets don't look right.

RE: Cobra Kai - Drunk Monk - 12-08-2021

I’ve never been clear about how close the LaRusso house is to the Miyagi-Do Dojo. For a while I envisioned it in they’re backyard, but then I remembered that the dojo was in a disenfranchised area in the original. The reconstruction of the Dojo is spot on.

RE: Cobra Kai - Drunk Monk - 12-09-2021

RE: Cobra Kai - Greg - 12-31-2021

Time for a little Cobra Kai.

RE: Cobra Kai - Drunk Monk - 12-31-2021

I’ve watched it through twice already. I may watch highlights once more as other reviews come pouring in.

It’s all about Silver this season.

RE: Cobra Kai - Greg - 01-02-2022

I've seen Eps One and Two. I know it's all about Johnny and Danny whining at each other but I wish they could stop whining at each other. In episode 02 Danny comes across as a total dick lording it over Johnny. But that was an entertaining and satisfying fight scene. And Johnny's protege got a little chunky since last we saw him. I think the best character continues to be Johnny's real son. It is interesting to see the new dynamic with Danny's son and the new kid.

RE: Cobra Kai - Drunk Monk - 01-02-2022

News flash: LaRusso is a dick through the entire franchise including the original films. Rewatch them and you’ll see. They are free on Peacock. My biggest beef with CK is that Daniel does not deserve Amanda. She’s way too good for him. 

The Anthony Kenny story arc is a good depiction of bullying. I predicted Anthony would come into play this season in one of my Den pieces. Called it, you might say…

RE: Cobra Kai - Greg - 01-03-2022

S4Ep03 A little less whiny. Neither one of their lessons seemed all that applicable. I think I'm most invested in the new kids story.