Yesterday, 04:47 AM
I’ll be dropping that obit this morning.
Yesterday, I lead a photo shoot with Fong Sifu who recently returned from Wu Bin’s birthday which was a major affair. He enticed me with a potential interview with my master’s first ex-wife. He and another sibling (elder brother) are in contact with her in SF. She was actually the favorite of my grandmaster and allegedly the teacher of many of the leading Bak Sil Lum masters (Northern Shaolin) in the US. There are many stories - my memory of her is fleeting. I never saw her Kung Fu because it was when she was stepping down. She hasn’t taught for some 50 years, but many of my elder brothers still respect her and take her out to dim sum every month or so. I’ve been invited but it’s always like a weekday afternoon because they’re all retired. Besides I’m sure it’s all in canto, and my Buddhist dietary restrictions always becomes an issue. But man, what a story. She was there for so much Hong Kong KF history. I really hope to get her interview, to document it, because it’ll be lost if I don’t.
Fong Sihing will be in Denver this weekend.
Yesterday, I lead a photo shoot with Fong Sifu who recently returned from Wu Bin’s birthday which was a major affair. He enticed me with a potential interview with my master’s first ex-wife. He and another sibling (elder brother) are in contact with her in SF. She was actually the favorite of my grandmaster and allegedly the teacher of many of the leading Bak Sil Lum masters (Northern Shaolin) in the US. There are many stories - my memory of her is fleeting. I never saw her Kung Fu because it was when she was stepping down. She hasn’t taught for some 50 years, but many of my elder brothers still respect her and take her out to dim sum every month or so. I’ve been invited but it’s always like a weekday afternoon because they’re all retired. Besides I’m sure it’s all in canto, and my Buddhist dietary restrictions always becomes an issue. But man, what a story. She was there for so much Hong Kong KF history. I really hope to get her interview, to document it, because it’ll be lost if I don’t.
Fong Sihing will be in Denver this weekend.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse

