Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Butterfly
#6
Seen. The ending was a bit forced, sets up season 2 if it gets green lit. Daniel’s David displays vicious ruthlessness with the nameless henchmen but then uncharacteristic mercy at the end which I didn’t buy.  It’s based on a comic so perhaps there’s more to the story. I did enjoy the performances of Daniel & Piper and Reina is definitely someone to watch. She’s the core of this story. The action was fine - pretty standard really - not overly impressive in the post-87north era, but not as bad as Greg makes it out to be - just standard. I liked the parental themes but I have a soft spot for those. I also liked the Korea nods, not just the locations (which were amusing to see from a more Hollywood perspective) but the food references and the K-pop drops. 

Ultimately I’m not D00M recommending it. I watched it mostly out of AAPI obligation which binds none of you. I don’t know if I’ll follow up for season 2 if there is one.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Butterfly - by Drunk Monk - 08-20-2025, 10:41 PM
RE: Butterfly - by thatguy - 08-20-2025, 11:17 PM
RE: Butterfly - by Greg - 08-21-2025, 08:38 AM
RE: Butterfly - by Drunk Monk - 08-22-2025, 10:13 AM
RE: Butterfly - by Greg - 08-22-2025, 10:58 AM
RE: Butterfly - by Drunk Monk - 08-22-2025, 10:27 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)