Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Babylon (1980) by Franco Rosso
#11
We need a Criterion subforum.

I love patois. It’s so musical and poetic. I understand it well enough and can even speak it a bit but seldom do because it feels a bit like cultural appropriation (which I don’t feel when I speak Spanish). I thought that scene where that white dude gets beat by Beefy after speaking some patois was spot on.

I do tend to sign off emails with ‘until that time’ which I’ve poached from patois. It’s a way of saying ‘see you soon’ but in patois stylee it’s a double entendre. ‘That time’ refers to Armageddon - Rastafarianism focuses on a few books of the Bible: Songs, Psalms, & Revelations. Those are my favorite books too. Like some Christian factions, they look forward to the last judgement believing they are the righteous and will ascend. 

Until that time…
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Babylon (1980) by Franco Rosso - by cranefly - 07-23-2019, 02:46 PM
RE: Babylon (1980) by Franco Rosso - by cranefly - 07-23-2019, 10:02 PM
RE: Babylon (1980) by Franco Rosso - by cranefly - 07-24-2019, 12:51 AM
RE: Babylon (1980) by Franco Rosso - by cranefly - 07-24-2019, 09:35 AM
RE: Babylon (1980) by Franco Rosso - by cranefly - 03-09-2022, 12:21 AM
RE: Babylon (1980) by Franco Rosso - by Drunk Monk - 03-09-2022, 06:32 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)