01-07-2022, 11:38 PM
And we’re back from a short break. E6 finally pays out with the Easter eggs. Now this feels like trek again… finally. And the ep title? Kobayahi. I know, I know but it’s great. The punk mod protagonist that I disdain discovers the holodeck. After visiting some previous setting (Amok time anyone?) he takes the ol’ Kobayashi Maru instructing the computer to pick a crew and we get 3 from TOS, and 1 from TNG & DS9 respectively. Their lines are built from clips from the original shows, which I didn’t catch on to for a bit but then it became a game to guess their source (a fellow Den contributor answered recently). The aforementioned return of Chakotay gives the end of the ep a major twist, and now a huge story arc is revealed. It’s like Picard just commanded ‘engage!’ and now being a loyal Trekkie I’m fully engaged.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse

