10-16-2021, 10:23 PM
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2021, 10:32 PM by Drunk Monk.)
(09-23-2021, 10:57 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: The dumb race was dumb. Not sure if they’re a real species or something just made up for TLD.
(10-02-2021, 08:22 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: My only complaint is again, the new alien race. With so many ST aliens, why do they need to make up new ones that are dumb?
I recant. The Paklids were part of TNG and played a major role in DS9, which was the only series I never watched all the way through.
The final ep featured Sonya Gomez, a bit character in two eps of TNG who was being positioned to be Geordi's gf. She appears in the first Borg ep (which I just rewatched) and the following ep (the Paklid one). Seeing the Paklid ep again jogged my memory. I didn't like them then or now. Too dumb, but that was the point. For a moment I thought there was a metaphor comment about ADHD and instant gratification, but no, they're just dumb.
In TLD, Gomez is the captain of the Archimedes. That's an Easter egg I never would've seen without the help of Den of Geek.
My Paramount+ subscription ends next week.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse

