12-29-2020, 10:59 AM
I remember you recommending that book to me personally. It was one of those titles that I put in the queue in the back of my mind, but I was spoiled while working at KFM because I got a ton of free books. Most of them sucked and I sold them back to used bookstores. I got a great price from Logos because the bookbuyer there was also the manager at Plum Publications (the sig0 of Ted at the Academy where I train). But then Logos closed so I had to find other places to dump books. And now, I'm not the receiver of sample books at Tiger Claw. No one is. No one there is martially literate.
But I digress. Hope you like TLoT cf. I thought of you because I know your penchant for women warriors and that you can endure movies of this length, plus you might enjoy the scenery. The steppes are so expansive. I also thought of PPFY because I know he likes a good ancient battle.
I suspect they dropped a few horses for this. There was a lot of CGI, some of which was obvs like an opening elk hunt that turns into a nice welcoming fight scene, and a nightmare lion of Babylon. And there's clearly a lot of CGI fattening up the big battle scenes. But there are a lot of cavalry fights, so a lot of horses drop. There's a nice move in one of the battles where one fighter cuts out the legs of a horse to drop it and the rider that was clearly CGI.
But I digress. Hope you like TLoT cf. I thought of you because I know your penchant for women warriors and that you can endure movies of this length, plus you might enjoy the scenery. The steppes are so expansive. I also thought of PPFY because I know he likes a good ancient battle.
I suspect they dropped a few horses for this. There was a lot of CGI, some of which was obvs like an opening elk hunt that turns into a nice welcoming fight scene, and a nightmare lion of Babylon. And there's clearly a lot of CGI fattening up the big battle scenes. But there are a lot of cavalry fights, so a lot of horses drop. There's a nice move in one of the battles where one fighter cuts out the legs of a horse to drop it and the rider that was clearly CGI.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse

