11-21-2005, 08:50 AM
Greg Wrote:When they asked him how he felt about people downloading music illegally, he replied "I've got enough money"
As for Bono's flirtation with the religous right, you might want to read his article in this weeks or last week's Rolling Stone. It comes across that he doesn't believe in religion, per se. he believes in God. And he'll kiss anybody's ass who will help him with his causes.
Ah, Mr Geldoff. Why don't we ever mention the fact it was Geldoff and Bono that wrote the original "Do they Know it's Christmas" and got the group together to record it. Why is it always just Bob that's given the credit?
Like I said - it's his arrogance.
This is from 11/18:
A dedicated lobbyist for the world's poor and
AIDS-stricken, the U2 frontman told CBS' "60 Minutes" that "I think my work — the activism — will be forgotten.
"And I hope it will. Because I hope those problems will have gone away," he said in an interview that aired Sunday.
Since 1999, Bono has helped persuade Republicans and Democrats, presidents and lawmakers, to provide millions to help end the scourge of AIDS, eliminate poverty in Africa and forgive Third World debt.
The Irish rocker also predicted that his music will still be around in 100 years, explaining that his songs occupy "an emotional terrain that didn't exist before our group did."
And Bono said he has no intention of slowing down. He noted that people in rock 'n roll burn out at age 40, and said he wanted to see if his band could continue making "extraordinary" music.
"You know I'm still hungry," said the 45-year-old winner of 14 Grammy awards. "I still want a lot out of music."
//////////////////////////////////////////////////
Bono may have co-wrote that horrible, horrible song, but it was Bob Geldof that went to Africa and raised awareness of the conditions there. He called all his rock-star friends, including Bono, and asked them to help raise money for relief efforts. That's why he gets the credit.
Not only does he think his humanitarian acts will be forgotten, but U2's "extraordinary" music will be around in 100 years occupying some exclusive U2 "emotional terrain"
I just want to slap those sunglasses off his face.
Greg Wrote:As for no good music after Joshua Tree, (I know. Taste question) what about "One" or "Mysterious Ways" or "End of the World" or "City of Blinding Lights" or "Numb" or "Lemon" All bad?
Not 'bad' compared to Limp Biskit, 'bad' compared to anything off their first three albums. But, like you said it's a taste issue.

