The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1640 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1640 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 915 buildtree




Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
U2
#3
Bono just irritates me for some reason. He seems extremely arrogant, as opposed to Bob Geldof who seems genuinely compassionate. Also, Bono kisses the religious right's ass

I was a uge U2 fan, having purchased 'Boy', 'October' and 'War'. I kind of liked 'The Unforgettable Fire' and was bored by 'The Joshua Tree' (although "With or Without You" is one of my favorite U2 songs).

Then Bono started becoming the shade-wearing, graffiti-spraying, stadium-filling, self-righteous arsehole he is today.

Bono shares the annoying prick award with Sting, also a veteran of a seminal rock band that somehow forgot how to be humble.

'Achtung Baby', 'Zooropa' and the rest of their pseudo-techno crap is unlistenable. What happened to the spartan, melodic anthems like 'I Will Follow', 'Gloria', 'New Years Day' and 'One'?

Granted, he has done a tremendous amount of work to raise awareness of AIDS and world poverty, but his personality still grates on my nerves.

I do, however, admire The Edge and his solo work.
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)