08-08-2020, 03:22 PM
I peeped some ST: TAS to check in on M'Ress, the original Caitian. She's exactly as I remembered, purring all the time like Catwoman.
Here's a comp:
I was hoping to find 'The Surivor' which was her first appearance, but my ninja site swaps out ST:TAS Season 1 with Sabrina the Teenage Witch (animated). Buzzkill. I wound up watching 'The Practical Joker' and was amused to discover that in this ep, the Enterprise has the 'Rec Room', precursor to the holodeck.
I disliked the holodeck in TNG. I guess I have issues with holograms. While watching the first few TNG seasons, I thought it would be a great twist if it was actually all a long holodeck experience instead of a new Enterprise, and then Black Mirror explored sort of went there with 'USS Calister', which hooked me into that show.
Holograms. Give me a Caitian any day over a hologram.
Here's a comp:
I was hoping to find 'The Surivor' which was her first appearance, but my ninja site swaps out ST:TAS Season 1 with Sabrina the Teenage Witch (animated). Buzzkill. I wound up watching 'The Practical Joker' and was amused to discover that in this ep, the Enterprise has the 'Rec Room', precursor to the holodeck.
I disliked the holodeck in TNG. I guess I have issues with holograms. While watching the first few TNG seasons, I thought it would be a great twist if it was actually all a long holodeck experience instead of a new Enterprise, and then Black Mirror explored sort of went there with 'USS Calister', which hooked me into that show.
Holograms. Give me a Caitian any day over a hologram.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse

