08-06-2020, 06:41 PM
Well that was okay. It keeps up the pace of the previews for the 20+ mins of the show so if you like the previews, it's pretty much 20+ mins of that. Being short, it moves at a steady clip. There are some good in-jokes as to be expected. It didn't blow me away like DISCO eventually did but there are much worse ways to spend 20+ mins. I giggled at one line but I can't remember what it was. I want to see more easter eggs, or even some guest appearances (this is set in the TNG/VYGR era).
I'll keep watching because I'm still trekkin.
I like Ensign Mariner - she's an amusing character and the only one that has a back story at this point. The rest are so so, so far. The other lower deckers are all nooBs. I also like the Caitian Doctor T'Ana - a throwback to ST: TAS. The U.S.S. Cerritos is a California-class vessel. I don't know what that means but the Captain's room has a tattered CA flag on the wall.
There was a good line about fighting a yeti for shoes in prison. There was also a shout out to Sulu's sword. DOOM trekker recommended (but y'all should catch up on DISCO first - that's where ST lives on most of all).
I'll keep watching because I'm still trekkin.
I like Ensign Mariner - she's an amusing character and the only one that has a back story at this point. The rest are so so, so far. The other lower deckers are all nooBs. I also like the Caitian Doctor T'Ana - a throwback to ST: TAS. The U.S.S. Cerritos is a California-class vessel. I don't know what that means but the Captain's room has a tattered CA flag on the wall.
There was a good line about fighting a yeti for shoes in prison. There was also a shout out to Sulu's sword. DOOM trekker recommended (but y'all should catch up on DISCO first - that's where ST lives on most of all).
Shadow boxing the apocalypse

