Posts: 37,649
Threads: 2,764
Joined: Oct 2005
Reputation:
3
Tara said this is her current bar study escape show. It’s a period kung fu rom-com about an orphaned gal and her little sick sister. Fan Chengyu is a pig butcher who discovers a mysterious man buried for dead in the snow. She nurses him but he’s badly injured, a refugee and a hunk. She’s just trying to survive but there’s intrigue. I’m 2 eps deep and saw the first kung fu right, which was satisfactory.
Will watch more.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Posts: 37,649
Threads: 2,764
Joined: Oct 2005
Reputation:
3
Tara got me to watch a few more episodes. I'm on 7 now and the second main character has been introduced. According to Tara, most of the main characters have yet to appear including the main villain. She thinks they don't come into play until around halfway through and there's 40 episodes. She says there's a major twist about halfway through that changes everything and that's when it gets really good. So far, it's lite entertainment, a star-crossed romance with a lot of secrets plus kung fu. The two leads have great chemistry and are very easy on the eyes.
Since I've tuned into this, I've heard a lot of buzz about it. It's #6 for non-English shows on Netflix and I've seen some random influencers reference it.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Posts: 37,649
Threads: 2,764
Joined: Oct 2005
Reputation:
3
E10 and the 2 star crossed lovers finally kiss, only to be interrupted by assassin swordsmen.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Posts: 17,817
Threads: 1,092
Joined: Jan 2016
Reputation:
1
I hate it when that happens.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm
Posts: 37,649
Threads: 2,764
Joined: Oct 2005
Reputation:
3
Right?
Story of my life…
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Posts: 37,649
Threads: 2,764
Joined: Oct 2005
Reputation:
3
I’m halfway through e15 and there were 2 more interrupted kisses, one because of passing out drunk and another by the little sister. The ninja attack was funner. There was also a funny scene where the couple threw a bag over one of the annoying character’s head and kicked the crap out of him, which was a bit nefarious but he deserved it.
Tara says the big pivot episode is 18 when the war finally breaks out. Might try to get there before Denver.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Posts: 37,649
Threads: 2,764
Joined: Oct 2005
Reputation:
3
Episode 17 was the uninterrupted kiss. Two kisses. But it was goodbye and it got complicated.
Episode 18 was a major pivot. The village is ravaged and all the secondary characters are killed, some cowardly and some heroically. But it’s a major culling. This is a shockingly sanguineous episode.
Just gonna leave it here until next week when I get back.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse