Poll: What day do you prefer for a DOOM Year 2008 gathering?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Fri Jan 4
0%
0 0%
Sat Jan 5
0%
0 0%
Fri Jan 11
0%
0 0%
Sat Jan 12
66.67%
2 66.67%
Fri Jan 18
0%
0 0%
Sat Jan 19
33.33%
1 33.33%
Fri Jan 25
0%
0 0%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy DOOM Year 2008
Should I bring anything?

--tg
We always get more beer than we can drink and more food than we can eat. That doesn't mean you shouldn't bring more - ED will surely make good use of it. If nothing else, it'll be fed to the hounds. BEWARE THE HOUNDS. Just don't bring a cheese ball - that's my department.

Since it's a DOOM XMAS, there will be some odd gift exchange - nothing big, the more absurd the better and nothing involving Carrot Top. Which reminds me, I need to get something for everyone except the PPFY. Him, I got covered.

I emailed the other drive-thru-tree brothers (LB & KB) since they aren't reading the forum so much lately.

HK?
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I just checked and the BayCup Vets Foil check-in closes at 3:30pm which means we probably won't start until 4pm and depending on how many fencers are there, it could be hours until the DEs are finished. Then I have to get from Mtn. View over to Oakland.

I was hoping to get a car pool going, too... Sad

--tg
I'll be there closer to 8 than 7 p.m.. I'll bring some whisky. Mr. Dingo, you want I should bring anything else, food-wise?
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Mrs Dm has two (not one, two) doula clients that are due. That could jerk me away quick as water breaks. At least she won't lock her self out of the house again.

Otherwise, I totally plan to be there.
Bring the kid - we'll watch "Schrek the Third" instead.

Honestly, "Bratz" would be just as nauseating as any typical Dingo-Flick.

DM, please tell The Missus that I have a buch of "Duelin' Clients" and I can still get a Saturday night off. She just needs to hit them more.

HK? You gunna make it to the meeting?
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Drunk Monk Wrote:Since it's a DOOM XMAS, there will be some odd gift exchange - nothing big, the more absurd the better and nothing involving Carrot Top.

Do we need to wrap, box, bag or otherwise hide the item?

--tg
I'll miss all y'all. Jes cain't.
oh hell no. you'll be lucky if it isn't used, hot or broken.

so it's ed, ppfy, cf, tg & dm? no reply from lb or kb... wasn't expecting kb really since he often ends up in prison or on psych hold after doom gatherings. lb may still surprise us and we'll be ready with the chemical mace, tranq rifle and tasers if he does...
Minutes of DOOM 2008.01
Meeting called to order at 7:00PM
In Attendance: ED, DM, CF, PPFY, tg and of course, the hounds.

Vids: For Y'ur Height Only, Dynamite Warrior, Dragon Tiger Gate.
Foods: Pizza, Veg. Haggis, Chips & Salsa, Monkey Chow, Chex Party Mix.
Drinks: BEER, Caol Ila, Glen Garioch, Agua, Coffee.
Toilet: Refurbished with a lovely Eastern tropics motif.
Tools: Homer Beer opener, LED skull lighter, mug, eye-patch (sans Angelina)

Old Business
Vids about midgets. Two this night. Go figure.

Vids about defecation. ED's defecation vids were brought into question once again.

New Business: Debate on whether ED can claim sole pirate status. PPFY made a convincing argument for S.F.'s independent pirate store. DM countered with Fremont's independent pirate store. CF & tg had better things to think about.

PPFY has a cool new bike.

ED annoys DOOM 2007 review pending.

Noteworthy: No physical fights broke out. No injuries were reported (although PPFY's post veg. haggis winds were projected to be hazardous - report pending)

DOOM 2008.02 is scheduled for Superbowl Sunday, at G & TQ's. DOOM 2008.03 will hopefully be sooner than later.

Meeting adjourned at 2:00 AM or there abouts.
The entire Doom south contingent gathered. Dogs, too. Which cause further discussion and much separation. it turns out Cuchulain is territorial after all and Scapino's dog Fratalino received a good venting on the subject. Although they were fine on the walk through Deb's park.

We watched Football, natch. Dull but a thrilling conclusion. All the camera work was very steady including the nomad cam which hovers over the field and really needs sound effects and some sort of plastic applications to make it look more otherworldly. (Did you hear the one about the time the nomad cam's wire's broke right in front of the coaching staff?)

We had cookies, chips, and Harp Lager. We night owls broke up about eight when I started to nod off and snore.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
That Veggie Haggis played havoc with my bowels also.

Oh well, what doesn't kill me makes me stronger.

Thanks to everyone who attended. The Rocket-Fu, Single-Malt and Haggis made it a proper DOOM event!

Next time - Rock Band! I mean it!
[Image: magpie13.gif]
Good time, no fatalities, no witnesses. Many thanks to ED for his usual convivial hosting.

I move that the minutes be accepted. Second?
...for the hosting, the goodies, the grub and such! Rocket Fu was most entertaining. I hope in the future I'll be a little more energized. I think the BayCup event burnt me out a bit (I did come in 16/21!). No problems from the veggie haggis here, but I'm not sure I'd go for seconds. It does embolden me to try the real stuff one day.

--tg

Again, I offer my humble abode for future gatherings...
amend the minutes to read: "ED's post veg. haggis winds were projected to be hazardous." musta been the turnips. from that angle, dm has some trouble distinguishing between ED and PPFY. all you guys look alike to me.