Poll: What day do you prefer for a DOOM Year 2008 gathering?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Fri Jan 4
0%
0 0%
Sat Jan 5
0%
0 0%
Fri Jan 11
0%
0 0%
Sat Jan 12
66.67%
2 66.67%
Fri Jan 18
0%
0 0%
Sat Jan 19
33.33%
1 33.33%
Fri Jan 25
0%
0 0%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy DOOM Year 2008
thatguy Wrote:No problems from the veggie haggis here, but I'm not sure I'd go for seconds. It does embolden me to try the real stuff one day.

I've had the real stuff -- on the shores of Loch Ness, no less. The tour guide who served it to me (and later hit on me) explained that one's belief in the existance of the monster and/or ability to enjoy haggis were both dependent upon the quantity of whiskey accompanying either.

The haggis was just fine - a bit bland. The whiskey was damned good, especially after the three hour hike around and up to the shores of the Loch. Can't remember what kind.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Yer Highness, you need to make it up here sometime when it is late enough to have a wee dram, say after 9 a.m.. I've got some Caol Ila that will knock you down (you'll be smilin', though!).
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Weren't we just up there not too terribly long ago? And isn't it WAY past time that you came south? Bring your bottle and get your Yeti self down here! If you can't make it for Super Bowl latkes and this Shaolin Temple of Zen thing on February 4th then pick another day. Consider it a royal edict or command or whatever. Big Grin
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
i can't even get ppfy to come down to fremont for a business lunch. l.a? are you kidding me?
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I know it's not likely to happen, but just gotta keep trying and make sure he knows he (and his whiskey) is wanted and welcome. Confusedmt039