Poll: What day do you prefer for a DOOM Year 2008 gathering?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Fri Jan 4
0%
0 0%
Sat Jan 5
0%
0 0%
Fri Jan 11
0%
0 0%
Sat Jan 12
66.67%
2 66.67%
Fri Jan 18
0%
0 0%
Sat Jan 19
33.33%
1 33.33%
Fri Jan 25
0%
0 0%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy DOOM Year 2008
January 19th CONFIRMED!

When: Saturday, 01/19/08, 7PM (I'll pre-order Pizza)
Where: Maggimoto Castle
745 Aileen St
Oakland,CA

Map: Maggimoto Castle

HM:510-601-1795

Okay, hopefully we got our December obligations taken care of.

I'm only going to make one resolution and that's to schedule a DOOM gathering for January.

I prefer Saturdays but I know DM likes Fridays.

So lets have a short vote:

I'll volunteer Maggimoto Castle and force everyone to play Rock Band at least once just to get a DOOM band into the International RB database.
[Image: magpie13.gif]
Fri Jan 4 - real soon, maybe
Sat Jan 5 - also real soon, less likely
Fri Jan 11 - definitely can't make it
Sat Jan 12 - maybe, gotta check
Fri Jan 18 - can't make it
Sat Jan 19 - probably can't make it
Fri Jan 25 - definitely can't make it

lemme get back to you...
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I so want to play Rock Band. Or even guitar Hero. Grrrrr. Not going to make any dates.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
I can't play Guitar Hero or Rock Band... My wife has repeatedly informed me that we don't need a Playstation 3 even though I have explained to her that we would be getting a BluRay player with it and fully enjoy our 52" Sony Bravia! My wife says we don't need an XBox 360 even though I have explained that my inability to play Halo 3 is seperating me from the pop-colture zeitgeist. My wife says we don't need a Wii even though I have explained to her the fundimentals of the Wii diet and exercise routine.
I am not whipped.
I have to go now and prepare dinner.

Four quatlous for the newcomer...
Do unto others, and then run like hell!
back ot, any of the bay area DOOMinions have anything to say?
Bah - Looks like I can't make it 01/12.

Come on DM! Free up 01/19!

CF, Do you have any new strychnine-laced eye-candy for us?

If it truly is a scheduling nightmare I'll just push it to February.
[Image: magpie13.gif]
I'm still recovering from a nasty cold or flu, so would prefer not to do anything Jan. 4 or 5. But I could if necessary.
All other Fridays/weekends likely okay.

As for eye candy, I would do my best to contribute a candidate or two.
I'm nobody's pony.
Saturday 12th or 19th. I am only a hologram, however, so my vote does not count
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
...no promises tho. Let me get back to you...
Cloverfield releases. Or is it attacks? It's happening the 18th. I still won't be attending.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
I'm in, but I have to come late, like 9. ED, isn't that past your bedtime? maybe you guys can show the defecating-dwarf-puppet-cannibal movie before I get there.

I can bring Dynamite Warrior, assuimg y'all haven't been there yet - http://brotherhoodofdoom.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=838

So, by my tally, for DOOM1.19.2008, it's ED, DM, DF & PPFY, four of a kind beats a full house.

TG? HK? LB? KB? SoCADOOM?
Here's the situation.
Lady Cranefly is on holiday break between semesters of quantum chromodynamics and celestial mechanics (I kid you not). This means I've been on my best behavior with Netflix rentals. You know, downright civilized stuff (again, I kid you not).

But I could revert at a moment's notice (well, actually, I'd need a few day's notice) and accrue some godawful shock slop -- Meatball Machine, Singapore Sling, Pinnocchio 964, stuff like that. Just to keep the chambers full in case there's a misfire.

I'll also bring some bingo sheets.

crane "renormalization imminent" fly
I'm nobody's pony.
come on now, cf. you gotta have something archived.

i can bring some misc ma flicks like dragon tiger gate, the promise and flashpoint, but we'd have to skip to the fight scenes. i don't think i could sit through those for the plot.

working on warlords and chocolate. if i can secure those, that'd be perfect. not promising tho (and probably not with subtitles or decent resolution).
Drunk Monk Wrote:So, by my tally, for DOOM1.19.2008, it's ED, DM, DF & PPFY, four of a kind beats a full house.

TG? HK? LB? KB? SoCADOOM?

Works for me. I'm probably doing the Bay Cup Vets foil in Mtn View, and I'm not sure what time it starts/ends. Where is the secret location for this DOOM event?

--tg
PS: I still offer my place in Soquel if anyone is up for a drive over the hill...
Some DOOMinions might be wondering who you are, tg. It'll be good for you to be present in the flesh. Besides, you'll definitely improve our Rock Band.

The secret location is Maggimoto Castle - see http://brotherhoodofdoom.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=151 - it's in a secret location, only known to the brotherhood, and listed at the very top of this thread.

Soooo, KB, LB, HK?